• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 |OT| To Guide The Dead is My Lot

Daymos

Great game. I hope it sells 10 million, put the franchise on the top of the JRPG pile. It seems the reception is great, and it delivers.

I'm about 20 hours in, quickly becoming overleveled but I'm playing on hard mode so all the elite enemy's are still a challenge. I just can't stop fighting everything, I really like the battle system but it's hard to master.. need more practice.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

Just finished chapter 3 last night, and my playtime already over 24 hours lol, I really enjoyed it so far
For the hero quest problem, IIRC it's split into several part. You have introductory quest first and later on there's quest that power up them.

Question for you guys. Are you all constantly swapping out classes when maxed to learn them all for every character, or just learning certain ones? They seem to really push you to keep switching classes, but it makes combat so inconsistent when your characters keep changing roles.
I maxed all of them for every character. At some point my party consisted of 0 attacker, 2 defenders, and 4 healers.
Also you also use nopon coin to level them up faster if you want.
I didn't realize there was a cap for nopon coin (silver one). I didn't use it at all and realize it was auto sold when reaching 99 coins. I quickly use it to complete Collectopedia cards lol

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

OMG the game mechanics

Star Trek No No No GIF by arielle-m

Kataploom

Gold Member
I've been lurking the Xenoblade 3 threads and getting hyped af but with no chance to play it due to some other expenses and feeling gatekept by not playing Future Connected yet, I'm playing Tales Of Symphonia for first time and I'm enjoying it so far, so will join you some time later this year, probably in my birthday. Keep having fun, happy to know the game is this good 😎

Chukhopops

After the first slow hours the game is just gravy. Really surprised by the overall quality of everything, the dub, the animation in cutscenes, everything feels like a step up from XC2.

It’s been a while since there was a JRPG where I couldn’t find at least one annoying cast member but so far I like everyone in the main crew.

Still a long way to go but this has potential to dethrone XC1, depends on the story.

ranmafan

About 15 hours in so far, and what can I say that hasn’t already been said. The story is really engaging. The cutscenes are superb. The characters are all interesting. Music is fantastic. But most importantly, it’s the first game this year since Elden Ring that I don’t want to put down. I just want to play it more and more. Just an epic game so far.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
About 15 hours in so far, and what can I say that hasn’t already been said. The story is really engaging. The cutscenes are superb. The characters are all interesting. Music is fantastic. But most importantly, it’s the first game this year since Elden Ring that I don’t want to put down. I just want to play it more and more. Just an epic game so far.

I need a week off from work to really play this like I want to.

Last edited:
I have played a little over 30 hours and on Chapter 4. It is definitely an amazing game. Enjoying it a lot. You can tell they are addressing the problem of certain party members losing significance in the story in Xeno 1 and 2. All 6 party members are all main characters. I don't see Noah being above any of the others in terms of story relevance. I really like how they are developing each of them. Eunie is definitely a stand out character. Love her growth and I am early in the story. There are some weird inconsistencies, mostly in regards to

the Iris berserking that only seemed to happen at the very beginning

Overall, best start for a Xeno game, imo. Let's see if they can top Xeno 2's ending, though. That was immaculate.

Reactions: Isa

Buggy Loop

Wow some quests, hero ones especially, are meaty.

This is quickly becoming the best JRPG in years. If they keep the pace all the way to the end.

Got a question, all the gems are upgraded to III at the camp, but my characters only see level I & II, what’s going on?

Last edited:

Andyliini

I finally began playing it yesterday, but didn't have too much time to play it. I have only reached Colony 9 and started my journey. Very early still in the game, but I have learned to enjoy the early parts, as I can play a game for the first time only once. Who knows how nostalgic I feel towards it in a year.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Wow some quests, hero ones especially, are meaty.

This is quickly becoming the best JRPG in years. If they keep the pace all the way to the end.

Got a question, all the gems are upgraded to III at the camp, but my characters only see level I & II, what’s going on?

I actually wish they had done a bit more to make the Hero Quests stand out. They are certainly more engaging than the Colony quests, but not by much. And the pacing on some of them is just breakneck. I would have been totally fine with giving these quests some time to breathe instead of them being one-and-done after a fight or two. For example (Colony 9):
First, why isn't this guy Garvel? They are the same "type" of human, with the bird feathers, and they both use Swords, but instead of using the guy the characters DO have a history with that we have seen as the player, they dump a random new guy into the mix. Beyond that though, their could have been so much more done with Zeon and his Lt. than just having Zeon and the crew have a quick chat, fight an enemy, and then everyone comes to accept Oroborisjohnson as their liberators.

Still, at least its there and it helps to flesh out the world.

As for your gems, the NEXT gem to unlock is displayed in the gem menu by default (if that is how youre gauging if a gem is unlocked or not).

Man the difficulty has me going wild

Normal makes normal enemies too easy I think but hard makes unique monsters extremely difficult

Indeed. Given how tight and nuanced the actually combat gameplay is, flat percentage changes as "difficulty settings" was not the way to go here. I don't remember difficulty settings in the other games, and honestly I wish they had done more with them if they were going to put them in at all.

Last edited:

Manji Uzuki

I'm really on the fence with this game. I really love past Monolith games like Xenogears and Xenosaga. But Xenoblade 1 didn't really clicked with me. The combat system felt a bit chaotic and specially I found the dialogs and some of the characters very annoying. I really like how this one looks like, and seems to be better in many areas, but I guess will wait until the launch hype fades out to see what the consensus is on the game when compared with XC1

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I have no launch hype at all: if those things annoyed you in XC1 they are significantly amplified here. The constant cross-talk is now across six different characters and so far there's no option to mute or decrease the frequency. It is also more hectic in combat, especially when you need to zoom out because an enemy or boss is so big.

It is a good game, but if those things were what might put you off, you might want to wait and see if the story and combat are worth paying full price with those annoyances in.

Jsisto

Gotta say I love the amount of quests in this game so far(chapter 4). Theres not an absurd amount of them per colony, and they have been fairly varied and enjoyable. Really think they nailed it this time.

Kimahri

Banned
Indeed. Given how tight and nuanced the actually combat gameplay is, flat percentage changes as "difficulty settings" was not the way to go here. I don't remember difficulty settings in the other games, and honestly I wish they had done more with them if they were going to put them in at all.
XC2 got an easy mode in an update.

I just spent 30 seconds killing a monster half my level. I think that illustrates my issue quite well, lol. Which such a difference in levels, one hit should kill em 🤭

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Moebius B is one tough motherf**cker in hard difficulty, the guy can bind your healers and can grab a party member and one shot them.

Only interested in hearing from people who absolutely hated Xenoblade 2:

Is this game actually good? Is the story for grown adults or is it more anime schlock?

Buggy Loop

Is this game actually good? Is the story for grown adults or is it more anime schlock?

I mean… look at it. What’s not anime about it?

Could always compare to someone’s opinion who didn’t like previous games

I mean… look at it. What’s not anime about it?

Could always compare to someone’s opinion who didn’t like previous games

You know what I mean. Xenogears and Xenosaga have an anime aesthetic, but they're thought provoking games for a mature audience. Xenoblade 2 is clearly a different beast entirely.

So what does Xenoblade 3 most resemble?

NanaMiku

but neither feels well balanced

other games did this better
Xenoblade 2 have difficulty setting where you can change the setting at detail. They added this via update. Hopefully we'll get something similar.

Moebius B is one tough motherf**cker in hard difficulty, the guy can bind your healers and can grab a party member and one shot them.
I fought him with when my party setup only have 1 healer. It was stressing lol

Last edited:

Jsisto

Did you play Xenoblade 1? I find the story to be more comparable to that, which I myself enjoyed quite a bit more. I certainly didn’t “hate” Xenoblade 2, but I know what you’re trying to say. The story in this one is quite dark, but there are lighthearted moments for sure, I say give it a shot, I’m loving it.

Top Bottom