• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC |OT| Uncapped Framerates

the trostland? during events? that area kills the frames on console version during events.

I played a couple of these earlier (Fallen Glimmer Mining) and performance was a rock-solid 60 FPS (max settings/vsync enabled). On Xbox behind the church this Public Event would drop into single digits regarding FPS.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I'm reading on Reddit that Bungie is banning people for using MSI Afterburner/RTSS. Any Gaffers got any feedback on that? I don't want to have to delete MSIA just for one game, but I don't want to be banned and lose my copy of Destiny 2, either.

Anyone running this and having problems?

MrBenchmark

I played a couple of these earlier (Fallen Glimmer Mining) and performance was a rock-solid 60 FPS (max settings/vsync enabled). On Xbox behind the church this Public Event would drop into single digits regarding FPS.

oh hell yeah easily single digits im waiting to see what its like on the One X if bungie doesnt fuck xbox players.

I may double dip when PC price drops it ran really well at 1080 60 maxed on my bedroom PC.

MrBenchmark

1080p

8gb Ram

icore 5 3.00 ghz

Gigabyte Gtx 1080

I'm playing pretty much everything on max.

when this happens i wonder what your ram usage is at all my machines are 12gb of ram and up. do you have a ssd?

My sons I7 16gb with 6gb 1060 and ssd setup tears thru it at those same settings.

I'm reading on Reddit that Bungie is banning people for using MSI Afterburner/RTSS. Any Gaffers got any feedback on that? I don't want to have to delete MSIA just for one game, but I don't want to be banned and lose my copy of Destiny 2, either.

Anyone running this and having problems?

it doesnt work. the game doesn't allow for riva tuner or evga oc overlays

ShaithEatery

Neo Member
Posted in the performance thread but seeing people talking about how it's running here too. Hoping to get some feedback on my issue...

So I didn't have any issues in the beta, but i'm getting hard lockups every 10-15 minutes that require me to hard reboot (nothing responsive, frozen image, can't even toggle numlock lol). No errors even in event logs, not sure what it could be. Below are my specs:

I7 5930k
16gb ddr4 2666 memory
2x Gtx 1080s in sli (running today's new driver for d2 release)
1440p 144hz gsync monitor

Had my video cards over clocked, dialed it down significantly and no change. Anyone else see similar behavior?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
All I can say is holy fuck.... played till got to EDZ. How can this look so bad on PS4 in comparison.

SRTtoZ

So Destiny fans... I have never played the game but I AM curious... Tell me is this more of a full on multiplayer only game or does it have a robust single player?

Both. Obviously its catered more towards playing with other people but there's a damn lot you can do by yourself including play through the robust singleplayer campaign. You can also queue for activities with people.

As a side note, holy shit this game looks good maxed out at 60fps.

Pretty nice getting 120fps at 1440p with my 1080ti and 7700k. The game really isn't very impressive looking though so not too big a surprise.

Not sure how I feel about the game yet.

BadAss2961

Oh, so they don't ban you - the game just refuses to run?
No, the game will run normally. Whatever overlays you use just won't work.
Pretty nice getting 120fps at 1440p with my 1080ti and 7700k. The game really isn't very impressive looking though so not too big a surprise.

Not sure how I feel about the game yet.

I think it looks really good. Just the lack of strong AA holds it back.

CrazyHal

when this happens i wonder what your ram usage is at all my machines are 12gb of ram and up. do you have a ssd?

My sons I7 16gb with 6gb 1060 and ssd setup tears thru it at those same settings.

I don't have a sdd. I'm using a hdd. As for my ram usage, msi afterburner says between 4700 and 4800. I also get drops when theres a lot of players in the farm.

deoee

Main Story done (already played it on PS4 so I skipped a bunch of stuff)
AU7Amsc.gif

Slythe

Good job OP, thanks for the hard work!

I wanted to pour time into this day one but work has been a madhouse and I’ve gotten roped into a creative project that due to last through the week. I won’t be able to sit down with this till Friday,m unfortuntely.

Pics_nao

I wanna buy this but Iunno. Played the beta and the game was making frequent dips to 30fps even though I should be able to handle it at 60fps easy.

GTX 1060 6GB
i7-7700 HQ @2.8GHz
16GB RAM

God Ghaul is such a lame baddie. Playing through this the second time on PC and I just think he's so cookie cutter. The weird fade ins/outs with the logo is really weird too.

The game feels great on PC and it's optimized very well. So that's good.

SRTtoZ

I wanna buy this but Iunno. Played the beta and the game was making frequent dips to 30fps even though I should be able to handle it at 60fps easy.

GTX 1060 6GB
i7-7700 HQ @2.8GHz
16GB RAM

I think that had to do with the bugged MSAA which they removed. Right now its running flawlessly with a 1070 maxed out 1080p. Nothing close to a drop. I was getting drops in the beta btw.

Another side note, the game is 100x more fun just by how good it looks and runs. Using your super is so fun because it looks hype as fuck.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

GTX 1060 6GB
i7-7700 HQ @2.8GHz
16GB RAM
I was running the beta on a r7 1700 16gb ram with a 6gb 1060 at 1440p and the game kept 60fps just by turning the settings to high.

BizzyBum

Is anyone noticing any micro stuttering when looking around with a mouse? It seems to be fine when I first start then suddenly happen as I'm playing.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Running near-max settings (couple small tweaks), 1080p at 144fps.

God. Like.

And thank fuck for Chromatic Ab. and motion blur toggle.

My game will run fine at first but then gradually the fps starts to drop after a while. What could be causing this?

I had similar problems at 4k. The game would be buttery smooth and then seemingly out of nowhere it would drop for a minute or so. It wasn't during times with a lot of enemies either, just kind of seemed random.

I had similar problems at 4k. The game would be buttery smooth and then seemingly out of nowhere it would drop for a minute or so. It wasn't during times with a lot of enemies either, just kind of seemed random.

Mine is fine for about 15 minutes or so until the fps starts to degrade even in the exact same areas as it was 60. It's really puzzling me as I can hold 60fps even with a full lobby but when performance starts degrading it doesn't matter where I am, even in the menus it will never be a solid 60. When it degrades I really mean it degrades. The fps steadily gets worse as if my gpu can't keep up or something. I can't figure it out. Would a memory leak cause this?

Renekton

Mine is fine for about 15 minutes or so until the fps starts to degrade even in the exact same areas as it was 60. It's really puzzling me as I can hold 60fps even with a full lobby but when performance starts degrading it doesn't matter where I am, even in the menus it will never be a solid 60. When it degrades I really mean it degrades. The fps steadily gets worse as if my gpu can't keep up or something. I can't figure it out. Would a memory leak cause this?
It does sound like a classic memory leak.

zoobzone

The game downloader seems to be single threaded. Absolutely not good enough in 2017. /s
343ed8313ff9b74857bf3ad9b771d92c.jpg

Looking forward to finish this game before Super Mario Odyssey comes out.

120v

first story mission on Titan is some of the worst level design i've ever played. kind of on me for not using the jump mechanics right but that is not how you incorporate platforming in a shooter

Top Bottom