• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Pre-Launch Thread of lore, news and beta withdrawl

Tomeru

I really don't get the prior knowledge drama. People LOVE to know how game mechanics work. It's part of playing the game. Reserching and theory crafting is part of every game. We do it subconciously all the time.

Do we need guides at the beginning? Thats for you to decide if you want or not. The magic will still be there if you like to discover by yourself.

It's like complaining about technology being better and making life easier (well, not really 🤭).

The whole discover for yourself is still there, but a community that discovers and shares and teach is equally amazing. Don't complaing about stuff like that, there isn't anything remotely logical anyone can say about this that the answer isn't "then don't do it".

If the game is good and the content is there, info will just make it better. I just hope this is not a "new world" situation where content'll run dry after a couple of weeks.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Reminds me a bit of Hearthstone, how there'd be sites tracking all the popular decks and you could almost know exactly everything your opponent had in their decks because more than likely they just copied a popular meta deck to get quick and easy wins.

HS was exactly the game I was thinking of when seeing those theorycrafting videos. It hands down has ruined what was the ultimate casual digital TCG where days before a card expansion releases, the game's "meta" has already been figured out by influencers before a the common smooth brain has even had a chance to come up with a losing deck of their own. It ruins the joy of discovery.

. . .same vibe I get from these videos. "Oh you wanted to try out this cool build your first playthrough. . .sorry, internet expert is here to tell you why you're not playing the game right." Of course it isn't that mean, but that's the general spoilage I get from videos like this that really should only impact the top 5% of people who are going to be playing this game at launch (the folks either going for the trophy or who will be making this their main game for the foreseeable future).

GreyHand23

HS was exactly the game I was thinking of when seeing those theorycrafting videos. It hands down has ruined what was the ultimate casual digital TCG where days before a card expansion releases, the game's "meta" has already been figured out by influencers before a the common smooth brain has even had a chance to come up with a losing deck of their own. It ruins the joy of discovery.

. . .same vibe I get from these videos. "Oh you wanted to try out this cool build your first playthrough. . .sorry, internet expert is here to tell you why you're not playing the game right." Of course it isn't that mean, but that's the general spoilage I get from videos like this that really should only impact the top 5% of people who are going to be playing this game at launch (the folks either going for the trophy or who will be making this their main game for the foreseeable future).
On the bright side, I think balance changes can and will be done at a decent pace so even builds that might not be very good starting out probably won’t stay terrible for too long. Not sure all these build guides will stay relevant for too long.

Antwix

I was looking at the differences between deluxe/ultimate and I realized something interesting. I 100% had access to the Wings of the Creator emote during the server slam but I only have the deluxe edition, not ultimate. Anyone else notice this? Apparently it's supposed to be only an ultimate edition feature.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I was looking at the differences between deluxe/ultimate and I realized something interesting. I 100% had access to the Wings of the Creator emote during the server slam but I only have the deluxe edition, not ultimate. Anyone else notice this? Apparently it's supposed to be only an ultimate edition feature.
I think everyone had it for server slam as my son had it and had not preordered at all yet

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looks like some random users are getting massive discounts on the Ultimate Edition of the game.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
When I look at the Battlenet launcher, I have a countdown to the early access release. (PC)
Under 24 hours

Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

amigastar

As a console player you will need either PS Plus or Xbox Live service to play the game. PC players only need Battlenet.

Top Bottom