• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Pre-Launch Thread of lore, news and beta withdrawl

cormack12

Gold Member
We nearly there boys!!!! I have a work night out on the 3rd which has pissed me off. Gonna have to blast through the campaign quickly.

How are you grouping up, literally none of my friends are buying this or interested in it......:eek:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
We nearly there boys!!!! I have a work night out on the 3rd which has pissed me off. Gonna have to blast through the campaign quickly.

How are you grouping up, literally none of my friends are buying this or interested in it......:eek:
I have some plans to level in a party from the start. Ideally, we'll also use the NeoGAF clan and the OT to organize parties. dorkimoe dorkimoe you on early access? You gonna make the clan?

amigastar

I have a question.

I remember reading in another thread that there will be a free battle pass with things like xp boosts.

How are those things accessed ?
As far as i know there won't be pay2win things like xp boosts. You got that probably wrong.
Oh you said free battle pass, that i don't know

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I have some plans to level in a party from the start. Ideally, we'll also use the NeoGAF clan and the OT to organize parties. dorkimoe dorkimoe you on early access? You gonna make the clan?
We all in the same time zone? I'd feel bad making all you guys wake up for me.

borat-not.gif

Minsc

Gold Member
I have a question.

I remember reading in another thread that there will be a free battle pass with things like xp boosts.

How are those things accessed ?

When you make a seasonal character to play in the current season you'll have access to the the free rewards just not the paid cosmetic ones. So you'll be able to access them once you join the season server with a new character by leveling or doing whatever is needed to obtain them. If you later decide you'd like to also be unlocking the paid cosmetics as well it'll retroactively unlock anything you've earned up to the point you pay and you can continue to the end like normal in both free and paid branches afterwards.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
When you make a seasonal character to play in the current season you'll have access to the the free rewards just not the paid cosmetic ones. So you'll be able to access them once you join the season server with a new character by leveling or doing whatever is needed to obtain them. If you later decide you'd like to also be unlocking the paid cosmetics as well it'll retroactively unlock anything you've earned up to the point you pay and you can continue to the end like normal in both free and paid branches afterwards.

Thank you!

NT80

I really don't like the idea of level scaling in this. Sounds like it might cause issues if your not getting much better equipment as you level.

Minsc

Gold Member
I really don't like the idea of level scaling in this. Sounds like it might cause issues if your not getting much better equipment as you level.

I think the level scaling is within ranges? Not sure though, but I don't think there will be scaled up regular wolf mobs running around that can 1-hit a level 100 maxed out elite player.

Last edited:

xVodevil

So eventually I went for 4070 Ti since the D4 bundle, just to refund my preorder and be absolutely ready for launch!! And of course be much more calm for the coming future releases for the year :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Too bad despite the deluxe upgrade early access I can only jump in Sunday night, but still with a week of work I am absolutely looking forward for a very special launch week!
It just feels special, loving the franchise so much and having played each a lot, still only D3 and D4 are the ones when I get to jump in right at launch! I could easily argue this is my best year in gaming as both RE4 remake and D4 launches in the same year, 2 of my favorite franchises, it's just so exciting! :messenger_beaming:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So eventually I went for 4070 Ti since the D4 bundle, just to refund my preorder and be absolutely ready for launch!! And of course be much more calm for the coming future releases for the year :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Too bad despite the deluxe upgrade early access I can only jump in Sunday night, but still with a week of work I am absolutely looking forward for a very special launch week!
It just feels special, loving the franchise so much and having played each a lot, still only D3 and D4 are the ones when I get to jump in right at launch! I could easily argue this is my best year in gaming as both RE4 remake and D4 launches in the same year, 2 of my favorite franchises, it's just so exciting! :messenger_beaming:
Know a couple of people who upgraded 10 series cards to 4070tis and love them, grats on the new toy

Yeah it's pretty crazy getting diablo 4 and ffxvi in the same month as well, two of my favorite franchises.

Last edited:

xVodevil

Know a couple of people who upgraded 10 series cards to 4070tis and love them, grats on the new toy
Well thank you! Ok I was "only" coming from 3070 Ti and was prepared to regret in a day or two as overkill, but nah... It really does already feel like a proper good product and an upgrade with some testing, and yeah I get the pricing issue... but still there is STALKER 2 arriving this year when I'm pretty sure I'll be pretty satisfied, but surely this planned is for such other upcoming titles
So yeah bundle is lovely! Also first time getting a game that I actually care about in a bundle, and yeah well there is any other title I could care more about :messenger_beaming: Let's just say next week can't come soon enough!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Diablo 4 dev getting a little heat for this comment in the replies. Does he really not know? I'm not so sure if that was the right response. What do you guys think? Is having early access an unfair advantage? Should anyone who had pre-release access to the full game be disqualified from the hardcore race to 100 challenge?

Personally, I can see why that's an advantage. That part is pretty clear. But is it unfair? Well, I'd argue that the deluxe edition Andys having 4 days of an actual head start compared to everyone else is more substantial, but in principle, just because there's something more unfair doesn't necessarily make the other unfair things okay. When it comes down to it, I acknowledge there's an advantage, but I don't really care. Life is unfair, and these things happen. You know what actually gives me pause? That a lot of the mechanics and strategies are already going to be min/maxed on release and that I can try to avoid that in order to preserve the fun of figuring it out myself, but also acknowledging that I'm gimping myself in the process.

Wudijo has already stated that he thinks the race to 100 is a little skewed by this, but at the end of the day, I don't think this is a huge problem. #copium? To each their own, I guess.

I think Zizz has a pretty clear response to this.

Personally, I can see why that's an advantage. That part is pretty clear. But is it unfair? Well, I'd argue that the deluxe edition Andys having 4 days of an actual head start compared to everyone else is more substantial, but in principle, just because there's something more unfair doesn't necessarily make the other unfair things okay. When it comes down to it, I acknowledge there's an advantage, but I don't really care. Life is unfair, and these things happen.
Totally agree. In fact, I think it'd be a nice addition for Blizzard if they introduced more early access tiers, for example

10 days early access for 30 USD more
15 days early access for 50 more
20 days early access for 100 more
and so on.

They can go as high as they want, would make them a ton of money. Gotta milk those whales. People will pay.

Luipadre

Diablo 4 dev getting a little heat for this comment in the replies. Does he really not know? I'm not so sure if that was the right response. What do you guys think? Is having early access an unfair advantage? Should anyone who had pre-release access to the full game be disqualified from the hardcore race to 100 challenge?

Personally, I can see why that's an advantage. That part is pretty clear. But is it unfair? Well, I'd argue that the deluxe edition Andys having 4 days of an actual head start compared to everyone else is more substantial, but in principle, just because there's something more unfair doesn't necessarily make the other unfair things okay. When it comes down to it, I acknowledge there's an advantage, but I don't really care. Life is unfair, and these things happen. You know what actually gives me pause? That a lot of the mechanics and strategies are already going to be min/maxed on release and that I can try to avoid that in order to preserve the fun of figuring it out myself, but also acknowledging that I'm gimping myself in the process.

Wudijo has already stated that he thinks the race to 100 is a little skewed by this, but at the end of the day, I don't think this is a huge problem. #copium? To each their own, I guess.

The daily "yelling at clouds" because of a non issue. God people are mad at everything nowadays

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Yeah but what even about those of us who bought the 4 day early access?

Don't we have a nice head start as well?

Personally I couldn't care less about the race to 100 but I do also get its not really a level playing field

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Totally agree. In fact, I think it'd be a nice addition for Blizzard if they introduced more early access tiers, for example

10 days early access for 30 USD more
15 days early access for 50 more
20 days early access for 100 more
and so on.

They can go as high as they want, would make them a ton of money. Gotta milk those whales. People will pay.
This is actually interesting because if you listen carefully, the official statements never say that they don't offer "pay to win". They are very careful to call it "pay for power". Because if you're a stickler for definitions, early access is technically a form of "pay to win" but not "pay for power". Do I get it? Yeah. Do I care all that much? Meh.

The daily "yelling at clouds" because of a non issue. God people are mad at everything nowadays
Yeah, gamers can be a tad sensitive at times. I'm of the opinion that we should whine less and fuck more.

Personally I couldn't care less about the race to 100 but I do also get its not really a level playing field
Yes. Arguably that's a much bigger advantage, so if someone is complaining about streamers but don't say shit about their own deluxe edition, perhaps they should take a step back and relax lol.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Food for thought -

Is that why Blizzard is using Twitter as a means to apply for the challenge and not be auto-selected as it happens? For early early access streamers to have the opportunity to opt out?

xVodevil

Well I can't help but wonder.. what does it matter what happens before bringing in the seasons?
Even though I love season It's not like I care much about season ladders either
But still crying about streamer early access, deluxe early access.. whatever
Everyone should thoroughly enjoy the first playtrough at launch month, and only then wonder or whine eventually later on about any unfair advantage for the lifespan of the game when it's already simply about grinding the levels and farming late game gear every 3 months one after the other... but at this point? I can't seem to get it
Gonna play trough with sorc necro and rogue for the fun of it, then sure down the line I don't wanna waste time either enjoying the first few levels and optimize, but c'mon you only get 1 chance to play each char to the fullest at your own terms.. like the good old D2 days without youtube and any kind of guides..

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member

Zizz is right, and it's kinda a difficult thing to do. What about those in more convenient time zones when it starts etc.

They should use the 'played time' on the character imo and close it after 6 weeks etc.

Imagine caring about a disadvantage into getting your name on a virtual statue in a game. We all know it will be players who play 16+ hours a day that will get it, like if these early reviewers will actually do this

Who cares, HC sucks anyhow

Last edited:

amigastar

Has anyone tried the Dualsense features in Diablo 4? Are they good or neglectable?
I ask because i've heard Dualsense is also on PC and i want to try the game out with Dualsense.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the Dualsense features in Diablo 4? Are they good or neglectable?
I ask because i've heard Dualsense is also on PC and i want to try the game out with Dualsense.
Only tried kb and mouse, also curious about this. I think I'll try playing the game with the dualsense as well, druid is a good fitting for this imo

Last edited:

GenericUser

Two of my friends will buy it but i will ignore them during the first week. I want to experience the campaign in peace, all by myself.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The starting point for games isn’t great. Time zones matter, who you are matters, and etc. it has so many flaws to it. I don’t personally care about the level 100 thing. It’s pointless if you’re an average Joe working 9-5.

Little Mac

Gold Member
Played all the betas and watched countless YouTube build guides. Still can't decide between Druid and Sorc. I have some good build guides from Raxxx and Don the Crown if anyone needs them.

Last edited:
Two of my friends will buy it but i will ignore them during the first week. I want to experience the campaign in peace, all by myself.

I'll ignore everything until i finish the campaign and 100% explore every nook and cranny. This game is going to consume at least a year or two, no rush.

Last edited:

Freeman76

I'll ignore everything until i finish the campaign and 100% explore every nook and cranny. This game is going to consume at least a year or two, no rush.
Man i'm crossing my fingers it has a decent treadmill for gear once the campaign is over. I'm hoping to have enough content to play for a good month or two before running out of content

Minsc

Gold Member
Man i'm crossing my fingers it has a decent treadmill for gear once the campaign is over. I'm hoping to have enough content to play for a good month or two before running out of content
Isn't that what seasons are for? They give you a new treadmill every 3 months or so.

Laieon

I preordered it after the first beta weekend on Xbox because D3 was actually one of the few games I preferred on console (local co op is too much fun), but it just hit me that I'll probably need Live for this one, which I don't have because I never play or engage with multiplayer stuff on consoles. 🙃

I should retain stuff from the ultimate edition since it's tied to my account if I buy the base edition on PC, right?

Last edited:

Antwix

I preordered it after the first beta weekend on Xbox because D3 was actually one of the few games I preferred on console (local co op is too much fun), but it just hit me that I'll probably need Live for this one, which I don't have because I never play or engage with multiplayer stuff on consoles. 🙃

I should retain stuff from the ultimate edition since it's tied to my account if I buy the base edition on PC, right?
Yes, bonus stuff will be tied to your bnet, but you won't have early access on PC, only on xbox.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I just wish there would be keyseller who had it for 65 bucks (the digital deluxe edition) but thats not the case.
Today I was out buying plant potters. Each potter cost $75. After that I went to lunch, cost $80. The fact that a game that will give me 1000s of hours of enjoyment cost less than a lunch or fricken plastic plant containers is so bonkers to me, games are a fricken bargain these days.

amigastar

Today I was out buying plant potters. Each potter cost $75. After that I went to lunch, cost $80. The fact that a game that will give me 1000s of hours of enjoyment cost less than a lunch or fricken plastic plant containers is so bonkers to me, games are a fricken bargain these days.
It's not that it wouldn't be worth the asking prize its just the fact that 90 bucks is burning a hole into my wallet with Street Fighter 6, Etrian Odyssey coming and such.

Last edited:
Top Bottom