• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needs MasterKaz so I can get more hate!

iTiApmUR0g2zQ.gif

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
That login page without captcha .. someone could already be trying to brute forcing their way in.

Leaks soon?
Captcha... I don't see any captcha?

EDIT: Ah, I see, Takuya. I misunderstood. As for the topic, I already tried brute forcing my way in. It's pretty strong.

-Cwalat-

But GTAV IS next-gen silly.

It's also this gen...

So, probably gonna release September for current consoles and then GTAV has another launch when new consoles come out in November.

Double launch for Rockstar... double the money.

Gamers who can't wait til November... will get the PS3/360 versions in September. And some of them will get it for their new consoles aswell.

That's my bet anyways.

Inside

Don't know if this has been posted before, but some new possible leaked specs:

http://www.g33ka.com/2013/02/06/playstation-4-expected-to-be-revealed-by-sony-on-feb-20/

Processing Unit
The new PlayStation 4 contains an eight core Orbis processor, with each core running at 1.6GHz. These eight cores are divided into two clusters each having a shared 2MB L2 Cache.
It will have a 256-bit SIMD operations and a 128-bit SIMD ALU to aid the processor.
Each core, out of total eight will have one physical thread in it.
Each core will decode and execute up to two instructions per cycle.
Each core will have its own L1-32KB Cache to support its processing.

Graphics Processing Unit
The graphics unit is considered to be the most important thing in any device that is meant for gaming. In the new PlayStation 4, the GPU will be based on AMD R10XX architecture which will feature a direct support for the new DirectX 11.1 and its respective features.
Just like the processing unit, it will have 18 computing units inside it and they will be sharing a 512KB L2 Cache
Memory bandwidth will be around 800 MHz with 1.843 Tflops, 922 GigaOps/s transfer rate
Dual shader enabled engine
A total of 18 texture units

Memory
The console will have a total of 4 GB system memory with a speed of 176 GB/s.
Out of this, only 3.5GB will be available for games

Storage
High speed Blu-ray drive
The Blu-ray drive will be capable of reading Single Layer 25GB and Dual Layer 50GB Disks
The reading speed of the drive will be 6x (27 MB/s)
Internal mass storage
Internal store is expected to be around 500GB but we might see some alteration in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom