• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita 3.00 coming in preparing of PS4, details [Out now]

Jomjom

Banned
That's exactly what it sounds like. Pretty much every trophy tracking site has a rarity percentage but since they're limited to the people that use the site, it isn't really that accurate. Having global stats for each trophy will be pretty interesting.

I hope its this. Was always kind of cool to see that you got a trophy only 1% of people on the trophy tracking sites got. Especially for the scorechasing/skill based games.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
When are they going to fix the UI?
Make it like Playstation 4 XMB...

What? No... it's a portable. Just... no. I love the Bubble UI. Everything is right where I want it. And they even have AA applied !!

Hazelhurst

PS4 Link

ibkMgSlG1c3DOf.gif

Schrade

The title really needs to be changed to include Firmware. I was hoping for a new Vita version with OLED :-/

Kokonoe

Banned
May get rid of my U when the next PS4 shipments come in and pick up a Vita and PS4. This stuff sounds great.

Budhapalm

Banned
The bubbles are so tacky, reminds me of those cheap Tiger toys back in the 80s.

I'm sure there's a better way to utilize touch control without making ugly ass bubbles.

Parental Controls

The Parental Controls application has been added to the home screen. You can now manage the duration of game play, and the use of games and videos that have parental controls. You can also control access to certain areas of the system, including the use of the Internet browser and Location Data.

Great... One more app to my "Useless Apps" folder.

PS3 Remote Play

The Remote Play application name and icon have been changed to PS3 Remote Play.

Never even used it. Don't even know the games that support this.
PS4 remote play in everygame is what matters.

Second screen is going to be all the tablet interaction stuff Ubisoft were pushing with Watchdogs and The Division. It's not vita specific this time, I don't think. Don't expect amazing graphics with it. You won't get two unique views of the same scene, most likely, unless the PS4 can render a second viewport and stream that... but we haven't had any indication it can.

They could potentially do something similar to LBP2 where the Vita runs a separate client, but again, I think the second screen stuff is for the kind of things Ubisoft were demoing.

Proxy

Second screen is going to be all the tablet interaction stuff Ubisoft were pushing with Watchdogs and The Division. It's not vita specific this time, I don't think. Don't expect amazing graphics with it. You won't get two unique views of the same scene, most likely, unless the PS4 can render a second viewport and stream that... but we haven't had any indication it can.

They could potentially do something similar to LBP2 where the Vita runs a separate client, but again, I think the second screen stuff is for the kind of things Ubisoft were demoing.

You can use it to play co-op in Knack.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQkOklRLtz4

You can use it to play co-op in Knack.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQkOklRLtz4

that's not the same thing. that's the TV and the PS vita both displaying the same exact image. it's not each person having their own camera angle, as a number of Wii U games offer.

we've had no suggestion that you can play two player COD the same way you can on the Wii U. I don't think the hardware does it.

I bought a vita mainly to use with my PS4. I'm really excited about the integration between the two systems... I just want to make sure people realize it doesn't give the PS4 all the features they see in Wii U titles... just a lot of them.

So haven't gotten my hands on a PS4 demo unit yet, but could someone theoretically bring their Vita to one and test out how well the connectivity works now and if the lag is extremely noticeable or not?

undecided

So haven't gotten my hands on a PS4 demo unit yet, but could someone theoretically bring their Vita to one and test out how well the connectivity works now and if the lag is extremely noticeable or not?
I would assume they will lock that down on the demo units

Perona

Downloaded a bunch of stuff without the Preparing to Download hang happening. So either I'm lucky or it's fixed.

Edit: Okay, at this point im pretty sure it's been fixed. Waiting to hear from someone else too though.

Bailers

With only 2 weeks to go until release, I don't see the point. There's reviews out there that say largely the lag is not noticeable, at least with Knack. I haven't seen any other remote reviews with other games.

Strider

"rarity of the trophy type cannot be displayed"

It must be displayed on the PS4 then or they wouldn't mention it.

Top Bottom