• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 |OT| To Guide The Dead is My Lot

NanaMiku

Damn, I got 2 million damage from chain attack last night lol.
I also got bonus exp from overkill to 1000%

I just recently I unlocked Ouroboros chain attacks order, the condition to use them is you need to interlink 3. They do pretty decent damage and unlock multiple Ouroboros order if you get “Bravo” or higher.
Oh. So when starting the chain attack in Interlink level 3, you can do multiple orders if get TP to 150%? I thought you can only 2 orders. Does everyone need in Ouroboros form when starting?

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Does everyone need in Ouroboros form when starting?
So far when you are interlink level 3 and the character controlling is in Ouroboros form you start Ouroboros order right away.

If you or one of your party members are nterlink level 3, you better chance getting Ouroboros order.

Also also each have two different Ouroboros order, for example: you have one that starts with Mio’s Ouroboros and another one starts with Noah’s Ouroboros.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

So far when you are interlink level 3 and the character controlling is in Ouroboros form you start Ouroboros order right away.

If you or one of your party members are nterlink level 3, you better chance getting Ouroboros order.

Also also each have two different Ouroboros order, for example: you have one that starts with Mio’s Ouroboros and another one starts with Noah’s Ouroboros.
Got it, right now when I start with Ouroboros level 3 I only got 2 order in a row for each form, like what you said. I thought you can only do that lol. That's why I always done the standard chain attack and then ending it with the ouroboros order,

Thanks for the info!!

Danjin44

Really, the Xenoblade games are very much like single player MMOs.
I needed a tutorial on the combat. It seems like I am not totally getting it.
Maybe I got used to it after XC2 but honestly to me the combat in XC3 feels much more straightforward compare to 2nd game.

In XC3 Tanks and Healers have much bigger role compare to pervious games, in XC1&2 is not as devastating when your attackers gets aggro, but in XC3 if the unique monster, bosses or large number of enemies target your attackers or healers they melt away, they die so fast.

Ma-Yuan

I think I am a crazy xeno fan since 1998 starting with xenogears but it just doesn't click with me this time.
Currently chapter 5 lvl 53. The story is not bad it just doesn't capture me. Plot twist seem obvious to me at least the ones I had so far. Something seems to be an reused from xenogears. I think the music is not bad but it doesn't evoke any emotions. All characters are likeable the combat is good. I just don't know. I was also not hyped for this as I am normally. The first three chapters captured my attention more. Now I just force my self to finish it. Hoping I get the same feeling at some point about that game I have with all the other xenoblade games.

Krathoon

I think they should have added more weight to the combat. Make the controllers really rumble. It is very number crunchy with the combat.

I think I am a crazy xeno fan since 1998 starting with xenogears but it just doesn't click with me this time.
Currently chapter 5 lvl 53. The story is not bad it just doesn't capture me. Plot twist seem obvious to me at least the ones I had so far. Something seems to be an reused from xenogears. I think the music is not bad but it doesn't evoke any emotions. All characters are likeable the combat is good. I just don't know. I was also not hyped for this as I am normally. The first three chapters captured my attention more. Now I just force my self to finish it. Hoping I get the same feeling at some point about that game I have with all the other xenoblade games.
Maybe they will bring it home strong in the end with the story to make up for the silliness like Xenoblade 2. For me I'm really loving the game right now even if the story doesn't deliver because of all the crazy classes and customization. I hope the story is good but I'm having tons of fun even if its not (still chapter 3)

NanaMiku

Takahashi sent message via email in Japan
Greetings to everyone who purchased Xenoblade Chronicles 3. This is Takahashi from Monolith Soft.

Thanks to your support, we’ve released the third Xenoblade title, twelve years after the original Xenoblade was released for the Wii in 2010. Xenoblade 3 has been called the culmination of the whole series up until now, and it truly is the culmination. We at Monolith have put everything we have cultivated over the past twelve years into it.

It is also a stopping point to me. This title depicts the conclusion of the Xenoblade story that began with Klaus’s experiment.

While it is a conclusion, that does not mean it is the end of the Xenoblade series. It is just a stopping point in my mind. I think that everyone who played this title and the additional stories in the Expansion Pass can imagine what lies in the future for Xenoblade.

I have one recommendation for how to play Xenoblade Chronicles 3. Some things are marked by a ? on the game map. Even if you are in the middle of progressing the main story after finding the ? marks, try taking a detour. There are many encounters waiting there.

Thank you for your continued support of Xenoblade Chronicles 3!

Damn, Japan got Mio's diary for My Nintendo Store
04.jpg

07.jpg

Hey Danjin44 Danjin44 , I tried the chain attack with Interlink level 3 and made sure all party change into Ouroboros. Made sure my combo is Bravo/Amazing but still only get 2 orders. What went wrong? I just cleared chapter 4.

Takahashi always have been trying to tell the Perfect Works story of Xenogears. Xenosaga also the same, but still cut short by the publisher

Takahashi sent message via email in Japan
Greetings to everyone who purchased Xenoblade Chronicles 3. This is Takahashi from Monolith Soft.

Thanks to your support, we’ve released the third Xenoblade title, twelve years after the original Xenoblade was released for the Wii in 2010. Xenoblade 3 has been called the culmination of the whole series up until now, and it truly is the culmination. We at Monolith have put everything we have cultivated over the past twelve years into it.

It is also a stopping point to me. This title depicts the conclusion of the Xenoblade story that began with Klaus’s experiment.

While it is a conclusion, that does not mean it is the end of the Xenoblade series. It is just a stopping point in my mind. I think that everyone who played this title and the additional stories in the Expansion Pass can imagine what lies in the future for Xenoblade.

I have one recommendation for how to play Xenoblade Chronicles 3. Some things are marked by a ? on the game map. Even if you are in the middle of progressing the main story after finding the ? marks, try taking a detour. There are many encounters waiting there.

Thank you for your continued support of Xenoblade Chronicles 3!

Damn, Japan got Mio's diary for My Nintendo Store
04.jpg

07.jpg

Hey Danjin44 Danjin44 , I tried the chain attack with Interlink level 3 and made sure all party change into Ouroboros. Made sure my combo is Bravo/Amazing but still only get 2 orders. What went wrong? I just cleared chapter 4.

Takahashi always have been trying to tell the Perfect Works story of Xenogears. Xenosaga also the same, but still cut short by the publisher

AAAAAAH I( WANT IT

drganon

I'm on ch4 now. Really enjoying it, but one thing I noticed is that the story/characters are alot more serious than 2. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

Danjin44

I don’t think you did anything wrong but I think the limit is 2 Ouroboros order….at least so far, in fact if you dont to do order bravo/amazing during Ouroboros order you only get one and chain attack ends.

One think I absolutely LOVE about the story in XC3 is character intersection, like in Chapter 4 between Mio and Eunie.

I think big difference between XC3 casts and XC2 is they are much more down to earth compare to XC2 casts which are much more bigger than life feel to them.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Juniper so far has been the only class I dont like.
yeah that I agree, that class's auto attack is weird and I seems cant properly cancel it.

We're definitely gonna need a thread talking about our favorite classes.
I'm chapter 4, for now....

Attacker: tied between Full Metal Jaguar and Yumsmith

Healers: Strategosa and War Medic

Defenders: Still Zephyr is my favourite, agility tankers has been always the best tanks in the series.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
yeah that I agree, that class's auto attack is weird and I seems cant properly cancel it.

I'm chapter 4, for now....

Attacker: tied between Full Metal Jaguar and Yumsmith

Healers: Strategosa and War Medic

Defenders: Still Zephyr is my favourite, agility tankers has been always the best tanks in the series.

Strategosa definitely my favorite healer. Teach's healer class is second runner up.

For Defender class I like the sword and board high entia class paired with accessories that boost block rate.

Danjin44

Strategosa definitely my favorite healer. Teach's healer class is second runner up.
The fact put healing circle much more often compare to medic gunner it really helps my tank class. Teach’s class is good because it has burst and nice master arts that lets you ignore defence which is very useful for attackers.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I beat the game. Spoiler: DO NOT SKIP THE CREDITS. I skipped them and found out later that there is a post credits scene before the last scene that I missed. This is kind of a shitty move by the devs seeing as the last battle and ending is movie length long.

Jsisto

Juniper so far has been the only class I dont like.
Agreed. It seemed really promising at first with the bleed mechanics but the auto attack is so painfully slow that it doesn't seem worth it. Would have worked better as a Keves class.

Also, does anyone know what the field buff for this class even does?

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Agreed. It seemed really promising at first with the bleed mechanics but the auto attack is so painfully slow that it doesn't seem worth it. Would have worked better as a Keves class.

I wondering that myself. This list of buff and debuffs in the tips section should have included the complete list unlocked from the very beginning thats the only annoying thing I've encountered in the game.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Dunno what the buff does but I imagine auto attack speed might be better with a rank 10 gem that boosts auto attack speed.

NanaMiku

I beat the game. Spoiler: DO NOT SKIP THE CREDITS. I skipped them and found out later that there is a post credits scene before the last scene that I missed. This is kind of a shitty move by the devs seeing as the last battle and ending is movie length long.

Thanks to Yoko Taro games and Kingdom Hearts series, I’m conditioned to never skip credits.

Xenoblade 1 didn't have post credit scene
Xenoblade X have post credit scene
Xenoblade 2 have post credit scene

Lately I never skip credits after finishing a game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Still on Chapter 3. Up to about 24 hours now on the clock, doing side quests like a boss. Characters up to level 34.

Danjin44

I think I’m near end of chapter 4….Mio is complete bad ass! Punching the Moebius fushion with her bare hand was bad ass as fuck!

That whole fight and story moment was just epic!

Last edited:
Would be nice if you could save a party setup. I like experimenting with teams while everyone is learning new classes but I keep finding powerful unique monsters that I can only beat with an optimized team of rank 10 classes with very specific gear. If you could save and load 2 or 3 teams with each characters class, arts, skills, gems and accessories set up the way you like that would be great.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

Would be nice if you could save a party setup. I like experimenting with teams while everyone is learning new classes but I keep finding powerful unique monsters that I can only beat with an optimized team of rank 10 classes with very specific gear. If you could save and load 2 or 3 teams with each characters class, arts, skills, gems and accessories set up the way you like that would be great.
Hopefully they add it via update. For now, they only save your last setup for each class.

Danjin44

Wait until the end of chapter 4, you still have some time. The end of chapter 4 is really great if you play the previous games.
I can’t wait, I replayed both XC1&2 before this game came out for that very reason.

Seems all Eunie interaction with the Hero is great lol. Her interaction with Gray also awesome lol

yeah, I think Eunie is slowly becoming my favourite character in Xeno series.

So far, all the characters are good, but I really like Riku. It feels like he believes everybody sees him as a "reliable cool tough guy" and he's working hard to maintain that image, even though he's a small ball of fuzz.

Exentryk

That feeling where you just want to grind for class points, but you can't turn off EXP :(. Still, I'm enjoying unlocking the classes for all the characters. Farming Uniques and Elites with Chain Attacks gives you lots of CP, so it's not too bad.

Other than that, enjoying the exploring. The maps are really large and there are some decent hidden areas. One can spend days just filling out the maps. The combat is okay. Might be more fun once all classes are unlocked and we can start to optimise.

NanaMiku

Why is it that that doing fusion arts doesn't always increase interlink level
You need to do fusion arts several times, but there are no indicator. So just use fusion arts as much as possible. Also command the party to use fusion first by pressing ZL+right d-pad

That feeling where you just want to grind for class points, but you can't turn off EXP :(. Still, I'm enjoying unlocking the classes for all the characters. Farming Uniques and Elites with Chain Attacks gives you lots of CP, so it's not too bad.

Other than that, enjoying the exploring. The maps are really large and there are some decent hidden areas. One can spend days just filling out the maps. The combat is okay. Might be more fun once all classes are unlocked and we can start to optimise.
You can also use nopon coins to increase class level. You only need silver coins, and not that much to increase to level 10.

jorgejjvr

Damn, I got 2 million damage from chain attack last night lol.
I also got bonus exp from overkill to 1000%

Oh. So when starting the chain attack in Interlink level 3, you can do multiple orders if get TP to 150%? I thought you can only 2 orders. Does everyone need in Ouroboros form when starting?
How do you get Ouroboros to appear during chain attacks?

STARSBarry

Gold Member
How do you get Ouroboros to appear during chain attacks?

Your interlink must be at level 3. if you are in Ouroboros form and at interlink 3 when you start chain attacks you get Ouroboros order right away.

Just to add to this, if you chain link without interlinking or below level 3 you can get a oroboros command by chain attacking two finishers of an interlinking pair, so if you get Mia round one you then pick Noah, and round 3 will give you an oroborus as an option. Please note oroborus will always end the chain, so it can actually be beneficial to not interlink 3 and not use oroborus, I find myself able to get into 500-600% with regular interlink but only around 400% exp with a double oroborus interlink 3 chain.

The ability to do this needs to be unlocked however you get a notification when you can do it, you don't get the ability to do so when you first unlock interlinking.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Just to add to this, if you chain link without interlinking or below level 3 you can get a oroboros command by chain attacking two finishers of an interlinking pair, so if you get Mia round one you then pick Noah, and round 3 will give you an oroborus as an option. Please note oroborus will always end the chain, so it can actually be beneficial to not interlink 3 and not use oroborus, I find myself able to get into 500-600% with regular interlink but only around 400% exp with a double oroborus interlink 3 chain.

The ability to do this needs to be unlocked however you get a notification when you can do it, you don't get the ability to do so when you first unlock interlinking.
Does the game teaches any of this? Cause I haven't seen a single tutorial on it

Edit: nvm sounds like you get this later

Last edited:

Dynasty8

I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish there was a way to turn off the battle dialogue specifically. After every fucking battle, "and I am the MVP" or "I'm the girl with the gall". Like who thought this was ok and a non issue?

I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish there was a way to turn off the battle dialogue specifically. After every fucking battle, "and I am the MVP" or "I'm the girl with the gall". Like who thought this was ok and a non issue?

Honestly the English Localization is just terrible all around. Its so much more bearable in the original japanese.

Top Bottom