• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 (PS4/PS Vita) coming out on Feb. 25

I have no plans to buy a PS4, but I cant wait to see what the girls and the physics engine in this game are capable of.
Playing a DoAX game without Tina would be weird though.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Mila was one of the three characters that wouldn't have made it in for any territory. Christie and Lisa were the other two.

Honestly it's not surprising at all, Mila's original design is awesome, but for some reason developers are not able to make her sexy, look at this year's halloween dlc costumes for doa5 for example:
https://youtu.be/-_OMRWIMG24

Mila's costume is probably the least sexy of all.

CD'S BAR

Honestly it's not surprising at all, Mila's original design is awesome, but for some reason developers are not able to make her sexy, look at this year's halloween dlc costumes for doa5 for example:
https://youtu.be/-_OMRWIMG24

Mila's costume is probably the least sexy of all.

Have to disagree. I think she looks as good as any of the others in the swimsuits, the bunny costumes, and last years halloween outfit for her (the mummy) was awesome especially when she has the short hair alt. I'm digging that bee costume, even.

Hopefully she gets dlc-ed into this. Only her and Hitomi I really care to use.

Sakura

They are releasing a starter pack, which will include one character. You can buy additional characters if you want.

It's similar concept with the DOA5's F2P version, but this time it won't be free.
Hmmm I wonder if it will be feature complete just sans the other girls. I only need the one girl so this might be better for me.

To those of you that are planning on importing this game:

-Do you speak japanese?
-Do you need a Japanese PSN account to play the import?
Yes and no, but if you have any interest in DLC you will need a Japanese PSN. And there will be lots of DLC.

What's the difference between the two versions by the way?
Vita version won't have newest soft engine.

Eolz

I'm ready to bet menus will also be in english due to other asian regions (hong kong, previous doa asian titles...).
Also, game being released this soon and that "starter pack" business model sort of confirms other characters coming via DLC later. Good.

I think the Venus/Fortune editions are just regular collector editions, and that there will be a cheaper version. Same thing than DOA5 before basically, with the biggest edition having stuff like tapestries and minifigs.

I'm ready to bet menus will also be in english due to other asian regions (hong kong, previous doa asian titles...).
Also, game being released this soon and that "starter pack" business model sort of confirms other characters coming via DLC later. Good.

I think the Venus/Fortune editions are just regular collector editions, and that there will be a cheaper version. Same thing than DOA5 before basically, with the biggest edition having stuff like tapestries and minifigs.

*pushes wallet toward screen*

Im all in.

Ferr986

Both “Butt Battle” and “Beach Volleyball” gameplay modes are in. More events than previous titles are planned.

hr6yzl8.gif

Synth

What if I told you in ninja gaiden 2 Ayane was 14 and Misty was 15 making them younger than Marie?

We'd tell you that:

A) The fictional age is irrelevant, and that the design speaks a million time louder (Nyotengu is listed as 1000+ after all).

B) In Ninja Gaiden you weren't watching Ayane frolick on the beach wearing basically fuck all as the player snaps them in provocative poses, so I'm not even sure what your point here is meant to be? Are you suggesting games shouldn't have any 14 year olds in them, regardless of context?

I've seen you make this point constantly... but I don't see how it works as any sort of rebuttal against people's perception of Marie Rose. She isn't being singled out for having a canonically younger age...

What about a North American Release? Last I read was them saying it would get a NA release if there was enough interest. What does that even mean an how could they measure that?

ShinMaruku

We'd tell you that:

A) The fictional age is irrelevant, and that the design speaks a million time louder (Nyotengu is listed as 1000+ after all).

B) In Ninja Gaiden you weren't watching Ayane frolick on the beach wearing basically fuck all as the player snaps them in provocative poses, so I'm not even sure what your point here is meant to be? Are you suggesting games shouldn't have any 14 year olds in them, regardless of context?

I've seen you make this point constantly... but I don't see how it works as any sort of rebuttal against people's perception of Marie Rose. She isn't being singled out for having a canonically younger age...

Design speaks volumes of course when people overlook Honoka JUST because she got huge tits and an ass,

Ninja Gaiden can be worse depending what you do, I mean it does have a dude trying to disrobe her and while that you can shake the controller to make her tits shake. Much worse than some stuff in DOAX.

Marie Rose is being singled out because she looks too unacceptible to people, which would be fine if they never went and said she's 15 when the game says she's 18 and older still than Ayane. Who was 16 in DOA1-4.

Synth

Design speaks volumes of course when people overlook Honoka JUST because she got huge tits and an ass,

Ninja Gaiden can be worse depending what you do, I mean it does have a dude trying to disrobe her and while that you can shake the controller to make her tits shake. Much worse than some stuff in DOAX.

Marie Rose is being singled out because she looks too unacceptible to people, which would be fine if they never went and said she's 15 when the game says she's 18 and older still than Ayane. Who was 16 in DOA1-4.

Well, that poster didn't say she was 15. The implication is that she looks (and acts, and sounds, and dresses) 15 (I'd even say that 15 is being generous here).

I'll admit that the whole "shake the controller" stuff was ridiculous.. but no, I definitely don't think something like that is in league with a DOAX game. At all.

Marie Rose as a DOA5 character is mostly fine imo (excluding a few very questionable outfits, and the tropical paradise stuff). There are tons of childlike characters in various fighters, and nobody bats an eyelid. But DOAX (and to a much lesser extent DOA itself) is a different type of game, with a completely different context, and so this type of character becomes far more questionable for many people.

The difference in perception for Honoka does make some sense tbh. The DOA cast has pretty much been simple proportions, color and hairstyle swaps since the beginning, up until DOA5. Honoka also looks (and sounds, and acts, and.. etc) young also... but not the same sort of young that Marie Rose is often perceived as, because she has a body type that's perceived as being very unrealistic once you get to a certain age barrier. Marie Rose limbos right under that barrier with ease, thanks to various other aspects of her design.

CD'S BAR

I think Marie and Honoka are easily the worst of the girls if simply because their pipsqueak voices are grating as hell.

Squire

Banned

Honoka looks like a kid with "huge tits and ass". She looks like something cooked up in a lab or, I dunno, on some pervo game devs laptop.

I promise you she's not being overlooked.

system11

I'm just happy Helena made the cut.

I was fine with Marie Rose as a character design, but Honoka despite being somewhat endearing in her animation is a pretty awful design. She looks like she's going to tip over sometimes.

Banned
I don't care for the top two girls but Hitomi, Kokoro and Helena made it which is cool. Will import the Vita version when it comes out.

Sakura

They are banking on this. Prep your wallets for Lisa and Christie.

When they start bringing back girls I very much doubt Lisa and Christie will be any where high on that list.

They will likely do another round of voting. After all they called this one the First DOAX3 Election, which would imply there will be more.

When they start bringing back girls I very much doubt Lisa and Christie will be any where high on that list.

They will likely do another round of voting. After all they called this one the First DOAX3 Election, which would imply there will be more.

If the current chart is anything to go by then i'd guess the next up would be Leifang, Tina, and Mila. Like you said, Lisa and Christie aren't happen barring their few fans just pushing a ton of votes for them.

Squire

Banned
If you're talking about Honoka, then she's blatantly based off of Ai Shinozaki whose 23.

I'm talking about Marie and Honoka both, but honestly? That's no better an argument than citing Tecmo saying the characters are 18.

Ai is 23. Fine. That doesn't suddenly mean Honoka doesn't look like a 14 year old with a 34 year olds proportions.

I'm taking you on your word that that's even the case, too. I post in the community thread and follow the games pretty closely. From what I can tell, no one has mentioned this. Shin hasn't mentioned it. And looking at pictures of this girl in a Google search, I'd argue no, it's not all that obvious.

Sakura

You guys clinging to those numbers is never going to not look silly. It's not an argument anyone with a working mind is ever going to take seriously. Ever.

What argument?
An 18 year old looks young. Not particularly surprising to me. I think she looks normal for her age, aside from her exaggerated proportions.
If you think she looks far younger, well, that's your opinion and I respect that.

Hubb

What about a North American Release? Last I read was them saying it would get a NA release if there was enough interest. What does that even mean an how could they measure that?

After they are done selling the initial stock they'll bring it West. Everything I've seen/remembered has TN happy with DOA5 in the West. They'll want that DLC money from the West side as well.

How long it takes to come over is the real question. The longer they wait the worse it'll be for them imo.

Top Bottom