• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

Ronaldo where's your speed
I love mocking him just as much as the next guy, but to be fair he had like a billion matches this year, played all year long up to the champion's league final, and Portugal just had a match that went in overtime.
Guy is tired.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
to be fair to portugal, at least they have chances. poland is just rubbish, and will probably win thanks to it. they are closer to 2004 greece than portugal is.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Oh good Poland bring on another defensive player. Just what this game needs.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Well, that's the standard schedule for prime time football in Europe.

CL matches are 15 minutes earlier at least, but even that I think is too late.

I'm not sure working people enjoy having to watch the games till midnight

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
What would you be your call as Poland's coach?
Have you seen what happened to Croatia when they decided "oh let's finally try to attack a bit now" at the 110th minute?

I'm just bitching because they're obviously eyeing the penalties already.

But bringing on someone who can run at an already suspect, tired defence is never really a bad idea at this stage.

Hazzuh

I haven't been watching that much of this but the Euros seem like they've been a total dud this year. Have there been some good matches which I've missed? :S

Acorn

I haven't been watching that much of this but the Euros seem like they've been a total dud this year. Have there been some good matches which I've missed? :S
Italy, Germany and France matches have generally been good. Other than that I'm of much the same opinion.

Shito

Portugal / Hungary was really entertaining.
Spain / Italy was high level play from both teams.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member

Absolutely. Believe it or not Portugal were even involved in one of the best matches, against Hungary. It was end to end and finished 3 - 3.

phaze

poland did this same nonsense against switzerland, as well. it's like they completely run out of steam and start waiting for the penalties even before the extra time.

of course with portugal's defense all it takes is one counter.

Yeah, it's pretty puzzling cause we weren't like that in the group phase.

to be fair to portugal, at least they have chances. poland is just rubbish, and will probably win thanks to it. they are closer to 2004 greece than portugal is.

Poland are like a poor man's Italy.

The fact we even get comparisons like these shows how far we came !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom