• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn this thread hit more than 900,000 views already.

This is the ultimate kazification right here.

The Budweiser club gif's already been done right?

gif4skno.gif

Endo Punk

hv2IHiq.gif

Think this one is my favourite. Simple but effective, and just love the look on the face.

"Microsoft, come out to plaaay-ay" lol.

I wonder if MS is prepping something to take thunder away from the meeting.

THE:MILKMAN

There's absolutely no chance it'll have anything like this, from a functionality point of view it's just a ridiculous waste of space to angle a drive like that, not to mention if this was within the right hand side of something like an AV unit you wouldn't be able to insert the discs. Last but not least it looks fucking abysmal.

Sure lose the angled disc slot, but I think it looks like a Sony design. It certainly doesn't look abysmal.

What would you like to see it look like? Got any examples?

DBT85

Sure lose the angled disc slot, but I think it looks like a Sony design. It certainly doesn't look abysmal.

What would you like to see it look like? Got any examples?

There are only a few certainties with the PS4 launch.

1) some people will decry the UI or console design as an abortion and the worst thing they have ever seen in their life ever. It will make them vomit uncontrollably.

2) some people will claim the UI or console design to be straight from the gods and that it is the greatest design ever by anyone in the world ever. They will spontaneously erupt in their trousers at the sight of it.

Opinions are like arseholes.

Endo Punk

I have a feeling the games will be from Sony's Euro studios only. SSM and ND will be left for E3 because by then their current gen titles would have released, and the fact they need megatons for E3 alot more than they do for the meeting. Start of small with Euro studios and then hit home with the premier developers.

DemonNite

I have a feeling the games will be from Sony's Euro studios only. SSM and ND will be left for E3 because by then their current gen titles would have released, and the fact they need megatons for E3 alot more than they do for the meeting. Start of small with Euro studios and then hit home with the premier developers.

next-gen ducks only I'm afraid

deadlast

Not sure if this has been posted yet.... But I saw this on engadget.
PlayStation 4 will act as more of a home entertainment hub ... how it opens up new styles of play ... Sony is going to push the new console as a home entertainment "nerve center," with a focus on the hardware's ability to connect and share to mobile devices

Those seem to be the tasty bits from the very short article.

Link

Persona86

Banned
I wish I knew of a faster way to make faces on GIF's rather than frame by frame.

I just remembered about one of my favorite shows called "Ikebukuro West Gate Park" which is full of hilarious moments I could find. :)

I know it's probably been asked before, but why Kaz? Why are we parading Hirai as the face of this reveal and PlayStation? I would like him to be the one to reveal the hardware, as I find his legacy with the company and professionalism is highest out of any others.

But...he stepped down (or should I say up) and is now head of Sony in general...PS is just a part of that, which is now headed by someone else. Even Wikipedia doesn't list him in "key people" anymore for the Sony Computer Entertainment page. I just don't understand this, if he might not even be on stage or say anything at the event due to his new position. I hope he does though, as again I can't picture anyone else where it would feel the same.

Donos

Playstation is a big key element of Sony and a new home console is a major event for the company at whole so i think that Kaz will be one of the people on the stage.

How much would Gaf lose its shit if we saw a trailer for Mirror's Edge 2 ? I would shit all over my monitor. There would be shit everywhere, let me tell you this much. In my pants, on my monitor, on my wall, on my cat. Fuck.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
there's also the Live Gallery i'm upkeeping:
http://tmv.proto.jp/#!/kazhiraiceo
or
http://kazhiraiceo.tumblr.com/

the Gifs MUST play all at the same time!!111 :D

That's actually what motivated me to do it. I didn't like the tumblr file size limit XD

None of mine seem to be in there? :(
Are you using photobucket for all your images? The download manager I used to scrape the thread seems to have trouble with PB for some reason. For example that last one you posted gave me a stock photobucket error image, I had to save it manually to save it correctly.

I know it's probably been asked before, but why Kaz? Why are we parading Hirai as the face of this reveal and PlayStation? I would like him to be the one to reveal the hardware, as I find his legacy with the company and professionalism is highest out of any others.

But...he stepped down (or should I say up) and is now head of Sony in general...PS is just a part of that, which is now headed by someone else. Even Wikipedia doesn't list him in "key people" anymore for the Sony Computer Entertainment page. I just don't understand this, if he might not even be on stage or say anything at the event due to his new position. I hope he does though, as again I can't picture anyone else where it would feel the same.
This was the catalyst that sparked the thread:

Ss4h0xC.jpg

How much would Gaf lose its shit if we saw a trailer for Mirror's Edge 2 ? I would shit all over my monitor. There would be shit everywhere, let me tell you this much. In my pants, on my monitor, on my wall, on my cat. Fuck.

That kind of thing you might see at E3, not a Sony first-party event. Though if third party games were shown for the hardware (if they show it) that's possible.

BadWolf

Doubt they would use a game that will surely be multi-platform at the reveal.

That's actually what motivated me to do it. I didn't like the tumblr file size limit XD

yeah thats the only bummer about it, cant fit in anything beyond 400px wide and 2MB in size.
i've been editing some of the gifs here to fit those requirements as tumblr is still the best gallery option :D

if only they would allow me to link the gifs in from other servers and still show them...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I couldn't get over how crummy the Google Drive Viewer is and I wasn't able to find a better gallery that didn't require a login so I transferred the archive over to Skydrive. It looks much better IMO and it doesn't auto play the GIF's so it's nowhere as bandwidth/CPU intensive as the Google version. The only drawback is that it now requires two clicks to play a GIF, you have to click on the thumbnail and then click view original to view it in motion.

New and improved Kaz Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom