• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will God of War Ragnarok be delayed? Avatar bet

Is GoW Ragnarok getting delayed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Geoff’s show is in 5 days.

Good job on the relentless concern tho it’s solid trolling 6/10

Damn man y'all are relentless with the concern tagging lol.

I'm getting this game day 1 as well folks.

Chill. I'm one of you.

Looks like he’s trying to replace E3 and Ellen.

He was the first person with a tweet after E3's cancellation got announced.

Safe to say, this is the best case scenario for Keighley.

Last edited:
They lost their chance to announce anything. Year is almost done.
New Year Greetings GIF by wishafriend

Could be later this month, July or September.
It will also depend on how they decide to handle GoW. If they decide to give it its own show/SoP soon, chances of a full showcase later in September are higher.
Point is that Sony won't announce these things until a few days before they're supposed to happen so it will be a road full of fake insiders claiming they know things they don't and "concerned" people on message boards :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Why is it automatically considered "concerned" trolling to you when someone says something negative about a possible delay? Can't people be legitimately concerned about it? It's not as if we havnt recently felt some major disappointments from delays lately (Starfield) or that Sony exclusives havnt had a history of crushing delays ...

Swift_Star

Banned
Damn man y'all are relentless with the concern tagging lol.

I'm getting this game day 1 as well folks.

Chill. I'm one of you.

He was the first person with a tweet after E3's cancellation got announced.

Safe to say, this is the best case scenario for Keighley.
I think people are tired of so much concern trolling surrounding the forum. I think it’s clear as day that’s what’s been happening on almost all threads.

Dolodolo

We have several developers who have indicated several times that the game will be released this year.
We have Jason Schreier who says he's confident this game will come out this year.
We even have David Jaffe who released a trailer for the game, but then said he spoke to someone at Sony who knows for sure, and he said that this game will definitely come out this year.
We literally have a ranking in Korea, where every last Sony release received a review three months before its actual release.
Yes, God. We literally have a twitter where the main page says that the game will be released this year.
This game is already over. They need to fish out some bugs and ship it for gold.
This is not Starfield. This is not Cyberpunk.
It's a game with a clear concept, built on a clear foundation, made by a team that doesn't need to reinvent the wheel.

Delay literally makes no sense.

Last edited:

Elios83

Why is it automatically considered "concerned" trolling to you when someone says something negative about a possible delay? Can't people be legitimately concerned about it? It's not as if we havnt recently felt some major disappointments from delays lately (Starfield) or that Sony exclusives havnt had a history of crushing delays ...

Because if you're realistic you'd know that the game won't be delayed.
Yes until it's out you can't say it with 100% certainty but a delay is really unlikely.
It already got its delay from 2021 to 2022 and that's a long delay, the game is pretty much a cross gen direct sequel of the 2018 game so it's not like they're facing the challenges of a new IP conceived for a next gen console.

Many different members of the development team have pretty much confirmed on their own twitter accounts that the game is coming this year and the game was recently rated in Korea which usually happens 3 months before launch.

The people who are "concerned" in this thread are well known Xbox fans who spam every Sony related thread with this concern bullshit stuff and they're as trasparent as they can get.
The Starfield delay that you mention just made things worse because some of these people with nothing better to do are now just actively hoping that the game is delayed so that the bad news isn't just on one side and that's the sad truth unless we're hiding behind a finger.

Last edited:
Yes until it's out you can't say it with 100% certainty but a delay is really unlikely.
It already got its delay from 2021 to 2022 and that's a long delay, the game is pretty much a cross gen direct sequel of the 2018 game so it's not like they're facing the challenges of a new IP conceived for a next gen console.

Many different members of the development team have pretty much confirmed on their own twitter accounts that the game is coming this year and the game was recently rated in Korea which usually happens 3 months before launch.

The people who are "concerned" in this thread are well known Xbox fans who spam every Sony related thread with this concern bullshit stuff and they're as trasparent as they can get.
The Starfield delay that you mention just made things worse because some of these people with nothing better to do are now just actively hoping that the game is delayed so that the bad news isn't just on one side and that's the sad truth unless we're hiding behind a finger.

I think what bothers me the most is that some are acting like it’s already happened and they are gloating about it. There will be a time for people to eat crow whichever this goes but it’s not happening until it’s confirmed.

Borowski_1

Don't know if this was meant for me, but im definitely not an Xbox fan, and i don’t give two fucks about Starfield either

3liteDragon

If it doesn't appear at Keighley's show, i think it'll be time for team 2022 to pick their brand new profile pic
Not until we’re officially given a date by Sony, whether it’s 2022 or 2023. But I know it’s coming this year so it ain’t team 2022 that’s gonna be looking for new profile pics soon.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
There needs to be a punishment for people who won’t change their pic

Last edited:
Something has to happen this month, imo

Either a release date for this year, or a delay

July is also a possibility. That would still give them several months to market the game and release videos if it’s due in October or November.

Then there was this.

https://blog.playstation.com/archiv...special-editions-revealed-new-trailer-debuts/

Blog written in the 28th of January and the release date given was the 20th of April. So around 3 months before the release date.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Why is everyone always so negative on the gaming internet?

You would think games bring us joy, but people sure love to be pissy, think the worst, and shit in everyone's Cheerios.

Oh, and usual suspects and all that gravy train. Usually.

Last edited:

Starfields delay has nothing to do with GoWs release date. It’s annoying that people constantly bring it up to make a point. It’s not Sony Too until it’s Sony Too. Just be patient.

Last edited:

Borowski_1

Why is everyone always so negative on the gaming internet?

You would think games bring us joy, but people sure love to be pissy, think the worst, and shit in everyone's Cheerios.

Oh, and usual suspects and all that gravy train. Usually.
Shit, haven't had Cheerios since i was like 10

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
People still mad at you I guess.

🤷‍♂️

People be mad at the smallest things, I'm probably gonna be playing this and beating it way before many of these angry folks.

It's weird. Can't have a discussion about delays for a game that doesn't have a release window without raising alarms 🤷‍♀️

Nah just one person who I doubt even owns a PS5.

Like ethomaz who didn't get a PS5 until March of this year.

now-thats-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-a-long-time.gif

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
People be mad at the smallest things, I'm probably gonna be playing this and beating it way before many of these angry folks.

It's weird. Can't have a discussion about delays for a game that doesn't have a release window without raising alarms 🤷‍♀️
I mean, this alarm did come the same day Starfield got delayed. The whole premise was started on SonyToo™

Still a fun thread and will be a gold mine once we know.

Wow didn’t expect you to take a swipe at Starfield fans that way. That really wasn’t necessary.

Top Bottom