• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will God of War Ragnarok be delayed? Avatar bet

Is GoW Ragnarok getting delayed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It can still pull a Last of Us 2, ill change it back Nov 8th if doesn't get a delay.

Shane Johnson Starz GIF by Power

yazenov

Why was I unbanned? I've been banned a few times for console warring but someone unbans me today due to gow2 being released this year? Hmmm... think we got some Sony fanboy mod who was hoping I would have a meltdown. Or maybe I'm paranoid.

Is there a way to see who banned me and then who unbanned me? My ban was supposed to go for another week and a half I think. Interesting...

Bro let me be honest with you, you've been unbanned purely for entertainment purposes. Our entertainment, not yours.

And I got to say, you delivered on the entertainment and the salt as well. Thanks.

Last edited:
Ok I’m finished messing around. It was fun but now back to the topic.

I believe Sony is pretty confident in that date and I’m certain we will see more gameplay soon. But I’m aware a delay can still happen however I really don’t see anything that indicates that it will. At this point I believe it’s very unlikely but until it’s out a delay is still possible if history teaches is anything.

Anyways I’m curious to see how big this game is going to be. From some interviews with the actors it appears that it could more epic than the last one. Definitely loved it when I saw the wolf in the trailer.

Yoboman

Gold Member
Ok I’m finished messing around. It was fun but now back to the topic.

I believe Sony is pretty confident in that date and I’m certain we will see more gameplay soon. But I’m aware a delay can still happen however I really don’t see anything that indicates that it will. At this point I believe it’s very unlikely but until it’s out a delay is still possible if history teaches is anything.

Anyways I’m curious to see how big this game is going to be. From some interviews with the actors it appears that it could more epic than the last one. Definitely loved it when I saw the wolf in the trailer.
I think we will definitely potentially see a launch trailer but that's about it. They will keep as much under wraps as they can like they did with GOW 2018

Swift_Star

Banned
I think we will definitely potentially see a launch trailer but that's about it. They will keep as much under wraps as they can like they did with GOW 2018
There’ll probably have a SOP dedicated to see new gameplay additions but don’t expect anything story related. They’re avoiding spoiling the story as much as they can.

The world seems larger than before. I’m guessing they will find a way to show us how much bigger it is without spoiling to much. Definitely expecting to see more gameplay in the future though.

Yoboman

Gold Member
There’ll probably have a SOP dedicated to see new gameplay additions but don’t expect anything story related. They’re avoiding spoiling the story as much as they can.
Maybe but I'm doubtful at this late stage

It looks like they are only showing stuff from the first few hours so I think they will keep it all under wraps.

2018 got a gameplay reveal and 2 trailers. I think Ragnarok will just have 2 trailers

Yoboman

Gold Member
The world seems larger than before. I’m guessing they will find a way to show us how much bigger it is without spoiling to much. Definitely expecting to see more gameplay in the future though.
They didn't even reveal it was semi open world for 2018 so the scope is definitely something they will keep under wraps

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Maybe but I'm doubtful at this late stage

It looks like they are only showing stuff from the first few hours so I think they will keep it all under wraps.

2018 got a gameplay reveal and 2 trailers. I think Ragnarok will just have 2 trailers
Weren't there SOP dedicated to Horizon and Gran turismo about a month before their release ?I think there will be one for GOW too.

Yoboman

Gold Member
Weren't there SOP dedicated to Horizon and Gran turismo about a month before their release ?I think there will be one for GOW too.
Horizon SOP was almost a year before release

GOW could still have one but my thoughts are most of the new stuff won't be found in the first few hours or too spoiler sensitive eg a Thor fight. So they will likely hold back.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Horizon SOP was almost a year before release

GOW could still have one but my thoughts are most of the new stuff won't be found in the first few hours or too spoiler sensitive eg a Thor fight. So they will likely hold back.
Oh you're right I thought the Horizon one was way closer to release date.
Yeah I do agree that they probably won't show a lot, especially considering how little they showed of the first opus before release but I still think there will be a SOP.

iQuasarLV

@Cimarron killermmn killermmn @apotema @zokie Warnen Warnen @JimmyRustler TransTrender TransTrender @kittoo @SEGAvangelist @acm2000 @poppabk @N30RYU @Interfectum @jakinov @Portugeezer @Fuz @Pejo @Team Andromeda @siyrobbo @CookieWithMatt @Krappadizzle @solidsheelop @Braag @Chronos24 @acidagfc @Coconutt @VanCityGamer @SlimySnake @93xfan @dugdug @Victor Omega @mitchman @Kssio_Aug @Kagoshima_Luke @RavenSan @Memorabilia @executor @Dusktildawn48 j0hnnix j0hnnix @Calverz @_SAKY_ @TheShocker kraspkibble kraspkibble @peter42O @Jimmy_liv @MastAndo @ByWatterson @CLW @Gamer79 @poodaddy @Captain Hero @dealer- @Nitty_Grimes @IAmAnAgnostic @donfonzie @Venuspower @Inviusx @itshutton @clarky @Hondo4 @Brock2621 @Goalus @fermcr @Trab-Pu-Kcip @Strider Highwind @Handel @GreatnessRD @EverydayBeast @Sybrix @skneogaf @Paulxo87 @MightySquirrel @REDRZA MWS @KingXtreme81 @Bergoglio @Heimdall_Xtreme @Droxcy @Altares13th @Eimran @Rockman33 @Bernd Lauert @SmokSmog @Davernos @Salty Popsicle @amigastar @prinz_valium @snir6590 @AV CatLady CatLady @KellyM @MatrixReloaded101 @Airbus Jr @AeonGaidenRaiden @Torrent of Pork @Zannrebel @BPX @ClosBSAS @01011001 @Nickolaidas @jonnyXx @alabtrosMyster @ArthriticZombie @STARSBarry @Naru @retsof624 @ShaikhCroft @vaibhavpisal @WildBoy @The Cockatrice @KungFucius @OZ9000 @rkofan87 @Physiognomonics @jaysius @Kenshin775 @RPSleon @FastOrc @Camreezie @AGRacing @Niked @Slothbeing1209 pasterpl pasterpl @Guilty_AI @Craig of War Jboemios Jboemios @Roman Empire @Exanthus @Infamy v1 @Rob_27 @Furball @RGB'D @fatmarco @TheGejsza @TikiLagoonSam @Trunim Topher Topher @AJUMP23 I iQuasarLV @samoilaaa @Hitchyhero @Arenafighter @Larlight @ILHASS @Josemayuste @Karonoth @FluffShake @Putonahappyface @Techno_Inked @Arcadialane @lh032 @Gameplay Gods Bless @OceanGaming @WitchHunter @SEGA Nintendo @Feel Like I'm On 42 @Mibu no ookami Lognor Lognor @MidGenRefresh @Shtef @Johnny Concrete @MonkeyClaw36 @Shits_McGiggles @CosmicComet @Chronicle @March Climber @Borowski_1 @nominedomine @DukeNukem00

Pick your avatar (or use the one someone else picked for you if you agreed upon betting with another user):

vluFE0f.jpeg
nlkLsj6.jpeg
ifaWxed.jpeg
Is4jDKo.jpeg

The rules were clear. You must now use one of these avatars until November 9th.

(If for some God knows reason, a delay to 2023 is announced down the road, you're released from your avatar and 2022 gang will begin using theirs. I highly doubt this could happen, but you're noticed).

I'll give some time, just a few days to a week, before I make a list of people who paid their bet and people who didn't.

Gladly.
Avatar saved. Boi 11/09 crossing my fingers for a happy turkey day!

Jboemios

Banned
@Cimarron killermmn killermmn @apotema @zokie Warnen Warnen @JimmyRustler TransTrender TransTrender @kittoo @SEGAvangelist @acm2000 @poppabk @N30RYU @Interfectum @jakinov @Portugeezer @Fuz @Pejo @Team Andromeda @siyrobbo @CookieWithMatt @Krappadizzle @solidsheelop @Braag @Chronos24 @acidagfc @Coconutt @VanCityGamer @SlimySnake @93xfan @dugdug @Victor Omega @mitchman @Kssio_Aug @Kagoshima_Luke @RavenSan @Memorabilia @executor @Dusktildawn48 j0hnnix j0hnnix @Calverz @_SAKY_ @TheShocker kraspkibble kraspkibble @peter42O @Jimmy_liv @MastAndo @ByWatterson @CLW @Gamer79 @poodaddy @Captain Hero @dealer- @Nitty_Grimes @IAmAnAgnostic @donfonzie @Venuspower @Inviusx @itshutton @clarky @Hondo4 @Brock2621 @Goalus @fermcr @Trab-Pu-Kcip @Strider Highwind @Handel @GreatnessRD @EverydayBeast @Sybrix @skneogaf @Paulxo87 @MightySquirrel @REDRZA MWS @KingXtreme81 @Bergoglio @Heimdall_Xtreme @Droxcy @Altares13th @Eimran @Rockman33 @Bernd Lauert @SmokSmog @Davernos @Salty Popsicle @amigastar @prinz_valium @snir6590 @AV CatLady CatLady @KellyM @MatrixReloaded101 @Airbus Jr @AeonGaidenRaiden @Torrent of Pork @Zannrebel @BPX @ClosBSAS @01011001 @Nickolaidas @jonnyXx @alabtrosMyster @ArthriticZombie @STARSBarry @Naru @retsof624 @ShaikhCroft @vaibhavpisal @WildBoy @The Cockatrice @KungFucius @OZ9000 @rkofan87 @Physiognomonics @jaysius @Kenshin775 @RPSleon @FastOrc @Camreezie @AGRacing @Niked @Slothbeing1209 pasterpl pasterpl @Guilty_AI @Craig of War Jboemios Jboemios @Roman Empire @Exanthus @Infamy v1 @Rob_27 @Furball @RGB'D @fatmarco @TheGejsza @TikiLagoonSam @Trunim Topher Topher @AJUMP23 I iQuasarLV @samoilaaa @Hitchyhero @Arenafighter @Larlight @ILHASS @Josemayuste @Karonoth @FluffShake @Putonahappyface @Techno_Inked @Arcadialane @lh032 @Gameplay Gods Bless @OceanGaming @WitchHunter @SEGA Nintendo @Feel Like I'm On 42 @Mibu no ookami Lognor Lognor @MidGenRefresh @Shtef @Johnny Concrete @MonkeyClaw36 @Shits_McGiggles @CosmicComet @Chronicle @March Climber @Borowski_1 @nominedomine @DukeNukem00

Pick your avatar (or use the one someone else picked for you if you agreed upon betting with another user):

vluFE0f.jpeg
nlkLsj6.jpeg
ifaWxed.jpeg
Is4jDKo.jpeg

(If for some God knows reason, a delay to 2023 is announced down the road, you're released from your avatar and 2022 gang will begin using theirs. I highly doubt this could happen, but you're noticed).

I'll give some time, just a few days to a week, before I make a list of people who paid their bet and people who didn't.
Normally I disable Avatars, but I enable them to get a good laugh.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I think Sony has their studios set up pretty well. So while I don’t have any doubts over their old ones it remains to be seen what their recently bought studios will produce. However I am confident in some of them like House Marque for example.
I think Bungie, Housemarque and Bluepoint will be just fine. Haven is probably the one studio that obviously requires a wait and see since their PS5 game is their first game as a studio.

pasterpl

vluFE0f.jpeg
nlkLsj6.jpeg
ifaWxed.jpeg
Is4jDKo.jpeg

As promised ;)

killermmn

vluFE0f.jpeg
nlkLsj6.jpeg
ifaWxed.jpeg
Is4jDKo.jpeg

Are you happy now?

Last edited:
Top Bottom