• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will God of War Ragnarok be delayed? Avatar bet

Is GoW Ragnarok getting delayed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I will not tolerate anymore bullying towards @Lognor

He might not be able to see my posts since he has me on ignore, but i'll always be his guardian angel

dMnLIak.png
You are such a lunatic. I'm dying :pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles:

CatLady

christmas baby GIF

Edit: Makes me miss the meme contests here.

I miss the days of The Xbox Power King and PS5 Speed King Threads. Those were both totally hilarious and even funnier when fanboys from the opposite side of the console war would take things seriously, get butthurt and invade the opposing thread with a bunch of dumb hot takes.

This thread, the bet and some of the great avatars have reminded me of those days. Lots of laughs and fun all around with very little console warring.

I miss the days of The Xbox Power King and PS5 Speed King Threads. Those were both totally hilarious and even funnier when fanboys from the opposite side of the console war would take things seriously, get butthurt and invade the opposing thread with a bunch of dumb hot takes.

This thread, the bet and some of the great avatars have reminded me of those days. Lots of laughs and fun all around with very little console warring.

It’s nice to have these threads every once in a while. It certainly does help relieve the tension that builds up here.

Good we need more threads like it

Why yes as you can see they didn’t ban me and I was just messing around with those that lost the bet. It’s fun doing that every once in a while but within reason of course. As long as people don’t try and rape each other verbally then there shouldn’t be an issue.

CatLady

Good we need more threads like it

You know what sucks? That sircaw sircaw left before results of the bet were in. I don't know if he was even in on the bet, but I think he would have had a lot of fun with it and likely would have made a lot of smartass and entertaining comments.

CatLady

Why what happen? i never really interact with that person so i don't know what happen

He said too many people were leaving and/or getting banned and he was spending time elsewhere and spending too much time here. He was a funny guy with a good heart and I was really sorry when he told me he was leaving. I had a lot of fun bantering back and forth with him.

He would have messed with Mod of War Mod of War that’s for sure.

OMG Mod of War Mod of War got lucky on the timing of his departure, sircaw sircaw would have gone crazy tormenting him :pie_roffles:

He wanted to focus on his family. He does have a lot of kids to take care of.

He said too many people were leaving and/or getting banned and he was spending time elsewhere and spending too much time here. He was a funny guy with a good heart and I was really sorry when he told me he was leaving. I had a lot of fun bantering back and forth with him.

OMG Mod of War Mod of War got lucky on the timing of his departure, sircaw sircaw would have gone crazy tormenting him :pie_roffles:

Yeah and probably would have said that Mod of War would be playing Knack instead of Ragnarok.

Ok seem like a chill guy i thought he was having a go with the Mod by the look of the reply at first lol

So ..why doesn't God of War have an release date or price listed on the PS Store? Kinda weird considering they just announced the date over the internet, you'd think they'd want to have everything up and all official on the store.

It also says "ps4 pro enhanced" ...why not say "ps5 enhanced" ...weird messaging is all. Sony has been slow with a lot of stuff and still doesn't have their store/ui sorted out. We still get a lot of games that don't even have a page or way to purchase them until they release.

Yoboman

Gold Member
So ..why doesn't God of War have an release date or price listed on the PS Store? Kinda weird considering they just announced the date over the internet, you'd think they'd want to have everything up and all official on the store.

It also says "ps4 pro enhanced" ...why not say "ps5 enhanced" ...weird messaging is all. Sony has been slow with a lot of stuff and still doesn't have their store/ui sorted out. We still get a lot of games that don't even have a page or way to purchase them until they release.
Preorders aren't up, should be this week

Concern the post

zokie

Gold Member
Pick your avatar (or use the one someone else picked for you if you agreed upon betting with another user):

vluFE0f.jpeg
nlkLsj6.jpeg
ifaWxed.jpeg
Is4jDKo.jpeg

The rules were clear. You must now use one of these avatars until November 9th.

(If for some God knows reason, a delay to 2023 is announced down the road, you're released from your avatar and 2022 gang will begin using theirs. I highly doubt this could happen, but you're noticed).

I'll give some time, just a few days to a week, before I make a list of people who paid their bet and people who didn't.
well a lost is a lost , no more betting polls in the future LOL

Before i say anything i must put a big
Disclaimer
It is not my info but of a guy i know

I kind of doubt that SSM were planning on delaying the game back then and then suddenly changed their minds and gave us a release date for this year. All I can think of is that they are lying about the current date for that to be true. I don’t believe that’s the case though. Like Starfield some people really think they can hit that date.

Only thing is it’s helpful if you state if the person you know is a 1st hand or second hand source ( random Twitter insider) . Maybe that can help explain why things went south with your information.

Preorders for the collectors edition start next week. Expect the other ones to be available around that time.

Edit: The 15th to be exact.

Last edited:
I kind of doubt that SSM were planning on delaying the game back then and then suddenly changed their minds and gave us a release date for this year. All I can think of is that they are lying about the current date for that to be true. I don’t believe that’s the case though. Like Starfield some people really think they can hit that date.

Only thing is it’s helpful if you state if the person you know is a 1st hand or second hand source ( random Twitter insider) . Maybe that can help explain why things went south with your information.
Here is what was said to me:

The actor for Kratos voice had major surgery and was not done recording all his voice lines
The Pandemic hit hard and cause the team to miss 8 plus months of MoCap work
Gameplay shown was only a small portion of the game
The game is bigger in scale and scope then 2018 God of War
The first reveal of just a LOGO is when the game was still in a very rough shape thus no reveal footage for the reveal but just a logo
Had many different story direction changes before finally coming to agreement on the final story will be

The actor for Kratos voice had major surgery and was not done recording all his voice lines
The first reveal of just a LOGO is when the game was still in a very rough shape thus no reveal footage for the reveal but just a logo
Had many different story direction changes before finally coming to agreement on the final story will be

You should drop your guy

Sounds like that could have been the cause for the first delay. But the thing is the game was already delayed once so they can fix those things. Doesn’t mean that a year later they are in the same state. As for that gameplay trailer there was many different areas in it.

Interesting what you shared with me but according to the employees they were in the final stages months ago. Still believe there’s more evidence supporting it releasing on time than a delay. We have to wait and see if SSM employees are correct or not.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Maybe you're looking at the PS4 versions store page that's why it says PS4 Pro enhanced, and not PS5 enhanced ?

This is common knowledge.

Just go on Christopher Judges' Twitter where he pins the delay on himself because he needed multiple surgeries and lengthy rehab because he couldn't walk.

Yes that’s probably the main reason for the delay since he confirmed it himself. Also SSM still worked on the game while he was recuperating from his injuries so it’s not like everything stopped since then. What Craig said does seem like old information to me. A lot of that could have changed since he last talked to his source and it probably has to be honest.

Edit: I don’t believe a delay is impossible just less likely than before now that we have a release date from the devs.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
Yes that’s probably the main reason for the delay since he confirmed it himself. Also SSM still worked on the game while he was recuperating from his injuries so it’s not like everything stopped since then. What Craig said does seem like old information to me. A lot of that could have changed since he last talked to his source and it probably has to be honest.

Edit: I don’t believe a delay is impossible just less likely than before now that we have a release date from the devs.
There won’t be another delay.

begotten

Also SSM still worked on the game while he was recuperating from his injuries so it’s not like everything stopped since then.

Of course there are a lot of other things to work on, but lets not underestimate the amount of work Judge needed to do for the game considering it's 3x the size of 2018 and all the other stuff that involved other actors which makes things even more time consuming. Also Shad Gaspard DIED and he was the body model and did additional motion capture for Kratos, so there's even more work that Judge had to do without him.

Of course there are a lot of other things to work on, but lets not underestimate the amount of work Judge needed to do for the game considering it's 3x the size of 2018 and all the other stuff that involved other actors which makes things even more time consuming. Also Shad Gaspard DIED and he was the body model and did additional motion capture for Kratos, so there's even more work that Judge had to do without him.

I guess the next trailer will reveal a lot to us then.

Top Bottom