• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

Dark Rider

I'll leave this here too

f0nxhq1uxzq81.png

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: JLB

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Just seemed to me that they had to move teams because of being in the same geographical continent but England Scotland Wales being the same fucking little island but that’s okay fuck all of them.

Dark Rider

Just seemed to me that they had to move teams because of being in the same geographical continent but England Scotland Wales being the same fucking little island but that’s okay fuck all of them.

Europe is the only continent that have more teams than groups in the world cup so they have to allow multiple teams from Europe to be in the same group, they have no choice really. Being on the same island has nothing to do with anything as long as each home nation present itself to FIFA as an independent association which all UK countries do, they already enjoy an exception in their favour being allowed to participate independently instead of only being allowed one association under the UK banner since the UK is the country representing all four home nations (see the Olympics for example). Basically if you want to avoid this your only hope is to move some or all of the UK home nations FAs into other federations and leave Europe, or alternatively reduce Europe world cup spots to maximum of eight teams, again Europe has more teams than groups in the world cup there is no other way.

Look at my group mate we have Germany, we would for sure benefit if we can say well Germany is the same continent as us please place them elsewhere. I think England, Scotland and Wales have nothing to complain about in their group, they should be happy about it actually they got a nice draw and avoided all the big hitters, even the press in England unanimously celebrating the draw.

EDIT: If you want to switch spots with Spain I'm all for it :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Simon Stone] Pep Guardiola sarcastically says he is going to overthink the game tomorrow. "Tonight I will do incredible tactics. We will play with 12."

Dark Rider

Liverpool's NFT range flops with just 10,000 sold out of 171,000 available in the first six days of the club's much-maligned foray into the cryptocurrency market

Dark Rider

Benzema back to back :messenger_beaming:
We need to be careful in the second leg though not to throw this away.

Also good to see Villarreal beating Bayern, but 1-0 is a slim win against Bayern and I sadly expect Bayern to come back and eliminate Villarreal in the second leg.

JLB

Banned
Benzema back to back :messenger_beaming:
We need to be careful in the second leg though not to throw this away.

Also good to see Villarreal beating Bayern, but 1-0 is a slim win against Bayern and I sadly expect Bayern to come back and eliminate Villarreal in the second leg.
chelsea is a fucking great team, the second match will be tough, though lot of confidence in benzema and the other 10.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Ancelotti tells Amazon Prime: “Before the game, Benzema was not able to find his pass to enter into the stadium. I told him: ‘Be fast or you can’t play!’. Then luckily Karim found the pass”. #UCL “How to describe Benzema? I’ve no words (laughs). I’d say the Big Karim”.

Dark Rider

chelsea is a fucking great team, the second match will be tough, though lot of confidence in benzema and the other 10.

Most of them are very tired because of Carlo lack of rotation which can effect the performance greatly toward the end of the season so around about now, I'm worried not only about the second leg but also about the semi-final if we advance.

JLB

Banned
Most of them are very tired because of Carlo lack of rotation which can effect the performance greatly toward the end of the season so around about now, I'm worried not only about the second leg but also about the semi-final if we advance.

I mean, to Ancelotti's credit, the team played with the usual players against one of the most physical teams in the world and beat it on any front. I dont think that with rotations the team would be first on the Liga and competing like this on the Champios.

Dark Rider

I mean, to Ancelotti's credit, the team played with the usual players against one of the most physical teams in the world and beat it on any front. I dont think that with rotations the team would be first on the Liga and competing like this on the Champios.

We don't have to play every match with a new set of players, but we should do the bare minimum of rotation in my humble opinion. The body has limits and teetering on the limit mean you risk collapse in any given match up, you really don't want that to happen in any crucial match. Carlo is not doing the bare minimum which is all I'm asking for. If we win trophies this season (and thus Carlo continue as manager for next season) I expect a collapse of performance next season, if we get Mbappé for next season he might help with the goals but otherwise we will have heavy feet.

Keep in mind how FIFA and UEFA are increasing the number of matches and also add those matches to pile on the players, Carlo must do the bare minimum rotation the players can bare so much.

Dark Rider

On another note Villarreal exerted themselves against Bayern and will have a very crucial match (against Athletic Bilbao) for a European spot which both teams can get, so Villarreal can't rest anyone and if that is not enough they will have to go again against Bayern (which can rest their entire team this week with no threat to their top spot in the Bundesliga ).
Sadly I don't think Villarreal will have any strength left to muster to withstand the onslaught that Bayern will unleash on them in the second leg.

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Erik ten Hag has asked Man United to be 100% involved on present and future transfers strategy: new signings, outgoings, new contracts. Ten Hag considers this as "key point" to rebuild Man United - new signings have to be totally perfect for his idea and club project.

They will not give him half of that.

Dark Rider

[Villareal] rotated their entire 11 that played Wednesday vs Bayern for their match against Athletic Club

I didn't expect that, glad I was wrong.
Also glad Carlo did SOME rotation JLB JLB

JLB

Banned
[Villareal] rotated their entire 11 that played Wednesday vs Bayern for their match against Athletic Club

I didn't expect that, glad I was wrong.
Also glad Carlo did SOME rotation JLB JLB

My point is that I trust in a coach that won 4 champions. I trust he knows what he is doing, and if he is not using players like Isco, Bale, Marcelo, etc. that much is for a good reason.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I don't understand what is happening with Man Utd. At the start of the season, I had them to at least have a good go at the title, especially with bagging Ronaldo and Sancho, but at this rate they're not even going to get any European football at all.

I know he's not the only reason Man Utd are struggling, but he must be one of the top reasons. Trash defender. Can't believe he was valued at 80m and is the captain!

Dark Rider

My point is that I trust in a coach that won 4 champions. I trust he knows what he is doing, and if he is not using players like Isco, Bale, Marcelo, etc. that much is for a good reason.

Carlo is a good manager, but he is human and like the rest of us he has faults. His fault is lack of rotation. You can think back to his first stint with us, the team reached their limit on Carlo second season and imploded. He knows what he does as a manager but he can't resist this one fault.
Personally I don't care what player does not get to play as long as whoever on the pitch earned their spot so even if Carlo play our youth players when rotating I'm fine with it as long as the player earned it.
I guess me and you will just have to agree to disagree on this point :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

I don't understand what is happening with Man Utd. At the start of the season, I had them to at least have a good go at the title, especially with bagging Ronaldo and Sancho, but at this rate they're not even going to get any European football at all.

I know he's not the only reason Man Utd are struggling, but he must be one of the top reasons. Trash defender. Can't believe he was valued at 80m and is the captain!

The owners and the entire hierarchy is set up for commercial gains. Yes failing in football is bad commercially but people who understand marketing but are ignorant to football can't see how they are ruining it for themselves. They don't see it as a club with the real sense of that word, they see it as an asset the same way they see a farm that produce milk to sell on the market.

JLB

Banned
Very very cautious about today's match with Chelsea.
I fully believe that they are the best team in the world, and the result on the first match is a bit tricky.
Bernabeu will need to be the player #12 today.

Dark Rider

Chelsea had a good showing, going out on a 5-4 on aggregate is not bad result at all for them, they gave it all they had and came close to winning the tie.

Our team on the other hand is dead on their feet for long periods of time and do not take some matches seriously until they get punched in the face. I'm not happy about this and do not have any confidence for the semi-final (regardless of who we face, it is not about the team we face and more about that we do not take our matches seriously AND too tired to play anyway).

Good on Villarreal making it to the semi-final. Liverpool for sure taking notice of Villarreal performance and will for sure be fully prepared to, I don't think Villarreal will be able to eliminate Liverpool.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Ramos : "I see myself playing four or five years more at a high level and then doing something different. At PSG I have two more years, I will try to make that three. As long as my body holds up, I think my mind is very focused."

Dark Rider

van Basten : "A footballing organisation like FIFA should be starting to think about ways to make football more fun. With this (Atletico) style of football, there is no enjoyment. It would make more sense for someone to change the channel and went off to watch Netflix with that time."

Dark Rider

[Ornstein] EXCLUSIVE: Man Utd reach verbal agreement in principle with Erik Ten Hag to become next permanent manager. #MUFC will need agreement with #Ajax (who are aware) & to finalise contract (up to 4yrs). No announcement til after Dutch Cup final

JLB

Banned
Chelsea had a good showing, going out on a 5-4 on aggregate is not bad result at all for them, they gave it all they had and came close to winning the tie.

Our team on the other hand is dead on their feet for long periods of time and do not take some matches seriously until they get punched in the face. I'm not happy about this and do not have any confidence for the semi-final (regardless of who we face, it is not about the team we face and more about that we do not take our matches seriously AND too tired to play anyway).

Good on Villarreal making it to the semi-final. Liverpool for sure taking notice of Villarreal performance and will for sure be fully prepared to, I don't think Villarreal will be able to eliminate Liverpool.

How can you be not happy?? Im 7l of absolute fine beer happy for the heroic night of the team.
My madrid is no less than any of the other teams. 14 here we go!

Dark Rider

How can you be not happy?? Im 7l of absolute fine beer happy for the heroic night of the team.
My madrid is no less than any of the other teams. 14 here we go!

We went 3 goals down, yes the second goal was from a fake corner but still seeing us concede this many is very bad. We have the quality to pull ourselves back but remember that might one day not happen and we get eliminated instead. When we play I look at the performance and judge if it inspire confidence to win the tournament, seeing us concede damage that confidence.

Our club is no less than any other club that is true but I want to see that always reflected on the pitch every match.

My opinion does not mean you can't be happy mate, I can see and know how pulling ourselves back from being eliminated to winning the tie feel so enjoy yourself :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

IDKFA

The Real Madrid Vs Chelsea game last night was absolutely fantastic. Fair play to Chelsea. They gave it their all and were so close to progressing. Chelsea were clearly the better team, but missed some about sitters during the final moments of extra time and normal time.

Great to see Villarreal progress as well. I honestly thought Bayern Munich would rip them apart.

The game against City and Atletico should be a good one. Atletico Madrid can't sit back and need to go for it, but I still think City have too much quality and will progress to the last four.

Liverpool are pretty much through. If Benfica turn Liverpool over and progress I'll eat my dick.

In terms of the last four, I'm expecting City to beat Real and Liverpool to do over Villarreal. All English final again with City winning the CL for the first time.

Prison Mike

Banned
The Real Madrid Vs Chelsea game last night was absolutely fantastic. Fair play to Chelsea. They gave it their all and were so close to progressing. Chelsea were clearly the better team, but missed some about sitters during the final moments of extra time and normal time.

Great to see Villarreal progress as well. I honestly thought Bayern Munich would rip them apart.

The game against City and Atletico should be a good one. Atletico Madrid can't sit back and need to go for it, but I still think City have too much quality and will progress to the last four.

Liverpool are pretty much through. If Benfica turn Liverpool over and progress I'll eat my dick.

In terms of the last four, I'm expecting City to beat Real and Liverpool to do over Villarreal. All English final again with City winning the CL for the first time.
I hope your prediction is right athletico will certainly try harder this week I'd imagine..

IDKFA

Man City getting dicked in the second half. It's a miracle that they're not losing and it's still 0-0.

Top Bottom