• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Imagine Abramovich response to being sanctioned is a big fuck you and let’s Chelsea fold to get his own back. Give away the club or let it fold and he just sits there and says nah fuck it let it burn to the ground.

I bet UK government (aka the British tax payer) would have to bail it out like the fucking gas companies that they lent a billion to and nobody’s paid any of it back.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

DKehoe

Haaland makes a huge amount of sense for City. A striker is the one missing piece for them in an already stacked squad. And Haaland is one of the best in the world in that position. Not only that but he’s still so young, so he could have that position locked down for them for the next 10 years.

Raiola is a ball ache to deal with. But it is what it is.

Labadal

Good win for United, but they did escape a red card.

It's fun to follow the title race, CL spot fight, and relegation fight this season.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Excl: Salah and his agent have no intention to accept current new contract bid from Liverpool. Talks have broken down since December, as things stand. Mo’s priority is to stay - but not at current conditions. Let’s see Liverpool next move.

JLB

Banned
Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
As a Madrid fan, go for him. I dont want a 20yo player that have more than 14 injuries in such short span of his career.
Gladly. He won’t be used in every game for City and we operate fine without a dedicated 9 anyway. Plus we’re used to Aguero’s injury record (y)

We’ve added Julian Alvarez for fire power also.

Dark Rider

As a Madrid fan, go for him. I dont want a 20yo player that have more than 14 injuries in such short span of his career.

For me the thing that turn me off most about Haaland is his agent, that one is cancer to any club that deal with him. Of course getting a lot of injuries is worrying but since he is young it is a 50/50 whether he continue to be riddled with injuries or alternatively bounce back and have a good run.

Banjo64

cumsessed
For me the thing that turn me off most about Haaland is his agent, that one is cancer to any club that deal with him. Of course getting a lot of injuries is worrying but since he is young it is a 50/50 whether he continue to be riddled with injuries or alternatively bounce back and have a good run.
I can only hope that because Alfie played for City, and that Haaland himself is a City fan from childhood that he will limit Raiola’s volatility.

DKehoe

I can only hope that because Alfie played for City, and that Haaland himself is a City fan from childhood that he will limit Raiola’s volatility.
I thought Haaland was a Leeds fan? Can see him liking the idea of playing for a club his dad played for and he grew up around thought. And obviously City are going to be challenging for trophies in the near future more than Leeds.

With Raiola, he does stir shit up but ultimately he’s only acting on behalf of his clients. And Haaland is going to be one of his big cash cows for years to come.

Not wanting Haaland is nuts. He’s an incredible talent.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I thought Haaland was a Leeds fan? Can see him liking the idea of playing for a club his dad played for and he grew up around thought. And obviously City are going to be challenging for trophies in the near future more than Leeds.

With Raiola, he does stir shit up but ultimately he’s only acting on behalf of his clients. And Haaland is going to be one of his big cash cows for years to come.
Nah he’s been in the City terraces a few times with Alfie

y9ru78a7xtm81.jpg

Dark Rider

Raiola drills into all his clients skulls that money is more important than any club well being and I have a feeling that will apply to Haaland just like the rest of them regardless of whether he goes to Real Madrid or Manchester City or even anywhere else. I will be pleasantly surprised if Haaland actually put a muzzle on Raiola but I highly doubt it. Also look at Pogba, a Manchester United childhood fan, Raiola is still taking them to the cleaners and being a thorn in the club side all year around, don't expect anything less than that.

As do the major players in Europe its funny how since news said wasn't going to real the injuries get brought up personally I'd chose a injured haaland over a lazy mbappe his stats speak for themselves.

Haaland strike me a little more pragmatic than Mbappe but honestly I think Mbappe have a higher potential ceiling and I think when it is all said and done that Mbappe will achieve more over his career than Haaland :pie_thinking:
We will get to enjoy seeing what they will do though and decide for themselves.

I can see him having an affinity for both but he had said his dream was to win the league with Leeds. Maybe he’ll end up there once he’s passed his peak.

Haaland surrounded by creators like De Bruyne, Graelish and Foden could be ridiculous.

I don't think Haaland will ever play for Leeds United to be honest.

Dark Rider

[Bobo TV] Cassano: “Cristiano Ronaldo is not among the best in history. Did he score 807 goals? Yes. Has he won titles? Yes. He is a good player, but playing good football is different. Zidane, Iniesta… haven’t scored half the goals he has, but they are true geniuses.”

Dark Rider

I don't think he does when he's anywhere close to his prime. But I could see it when he's at the end of his career if the circumstances were right.

There are markets who pay high prices to be retirement homes to high profile players just for the marketing deals so even when it is retirement time for him he would get way better offers elsewhere to use him for marketing.

Dark Rider

[OFFICIAL] FC Barcelona and Spotify seal a strategic long-term partnership in sports and entertainment

[FC Barcelona] Announcement of Official Partnership with Spotify

DKehoe

Dunno if anyone else watches Tifo but they do some good stuff. Here's a video looking at how both Mbappe and Haaland could fit into Real Madrid's lineup.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Buzzing to play Atletico, they would have been my first choice pick.

Never played them before, English and Spanish champions, beautiful attacking football meets the most resolute defence in world football.

Should be a cracking two legs.

DKehoe

Never played them before, English and Spanish champions, beautiful attacking football meets the most resolute defence in world football.

Pep vs Simeone should be fun too

Dark Rider

Dunno if anyone else watches Tifo but they do some good stuff. Here's a video looking at how both Mbappe and Haaland could fit into Real Madrid's lineup.

People are really puzzled about them being together?

This season they are FAR from being the most resolute defense, in fact they are having big problems in defense and the entire team is under-performing massively. They might step up of course but I highly doubt it they are far from their best this entire season.

DKehoe

People are really puzzled about them being together?
With Benzema and Vinicius in great form recently I think it’s fair to wonder how you could manage to fit all four into a cohesive lineup. And with PSG we’ve seen putting incredibly talented players alongside each other isn’t a guarantee of success and can leave you unbalanced.

Dark Rider

With Benzema and Vinicius in great form recently I think it’s fair to wonder how you could manage to fit all four into a cohesive lineup.

I don't expect the new faces to fit right in from day one so they will have to be slowly eased in, on the other hand I think after all are comfortable they will need to fight for their spots. And sooner or later Benzema will play less due to age.

And with PSG we’ve seen putting incredibly talented players alongside each other isn’t a guarantee of success and can leave you unbalanced.

People did not learn that lesson from Real Madrid yet?

Dark Rider

I think this should be posted so here it is.

UEFA Champions League quarter-final, semi-final and final draws
Quarter-finals
Real Madrid vs Chelsea
Man City vs Atletico Madrid
Villareal vs Bayern Munich
Benfica vs Liverpool

Semi-finals
Man City/Atletico vs Chelsea/Real Madrid
Benfica/Liverpool vs Villareal/Bayern

UEFA Europa League quarter-final, semi-final and final draws
Quarter-finals
Leipzig vs Atalanta
Frankfurt vs Barcelona
West Ham vs Lyon
Braga vs Rangers

Semi-finals
Leipzig/Atalanta vs Braga/Rangers
West Ham/Lyon vs Frankfurt/Barcelona

UEFA Conference League quarter-final, semi-final and final draws
Quarter-finals
Bodo/Glimt vs AS Roma
Feyenoord vs Slavia Prague
Marseille vs PAOK
Leicester City vs PSV Eindhoven

Semi-finals
Leicester City/PSV Eindhoven vs Bodo/Glimt/AS Roma
Feyenoord/Slavia Prague vs Marseille/PAOK

Dark Rider

[Marca] After three seasons with Real Madrid, Eden Hazard still hasn't made his El Clasico debut. He missed five Clásicos out of a possible five due to injuries.

Dark Rider

[Gazzetta dello Sport] Juve-Rudiger: deal done. A 4 year contract was agreed with the defender

On the other hand a more reliable source

[Romeo Agresti] Rudiger: Juventus is following his situation, but as of today there is no agreement. Especially because the competition is one of the fiercest

Last edited:
Top Bottom