• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

DKehoe

€75m for a player with one year left on his contract is a great deal for Fiorentina. Had seen a lot of speculation about where he might end up. Not seen too much of him but seems to be a great talent.

Last edited:

€75m for a player with one year left on his contract is a great deal for Fiorentina. Had seen a lot of speculation about where he might end up. Not seen too much of him but seems to be a great talent.

Bit gutted to see him stay in Serie A. Really think he could tear it up in the Premier League.

DKehoe

Bit gutted to see him stay in Serie A. Really think he could tear it up in the Premier League.
Yeh I was curious to see how he'd do if he did come over. I know Arsenal had been linked with but I'd also wondered if City might go for him since he seems to be the big prospect as a striker after Mbappe and Haaland.

Labadal

When Roy was managing Liverpool, I wanted to off myself every single time I watched a game.

Watford shouldn't have fired the first manager in the first place.

At least they gave Man. United a proper spanking.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Alfredo Martínez] Everything indicates that Chelsea is the club that is negotiating with Ousmane Dembélé and that they may even have reached an agreement.

:pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

Chelsea looking into John Terry-promoted NFTs that use club assets and intellectual property

DKehoe

This is really good to see. It must be incredibly difficult for released academy players who have planned their life around the idea that they’ll be a professional player and for the vast majority of them that won’t happen and they’re often left without any kind of support to find a new path.

Dark Rider

Frank Lampards Everton.

I feel it will not go well long term :pie_thinking:

This is really good to see. It must be incredibly difficult for released academy players who have planned their life around the idea that they’ll be a professional player and for the vast majority of them that won’t happen and they’re often left without any kind of support to find a new path.

I hope many follow this example.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Haaland clear about career after football retirement: 'A small farm with some cows'

Dark Rider

[Gerard Romero] FC Barcelona have told Ousmane Dembélé that the contract renewal offer has been withdrawn and if he wants to continue, his salary will be the same as Ansu & Pedri.

These two other players have done much more to the club and cost much less though.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Birmingham Chairman Wenqing Zhao issues an open communication to supporters

Words are great.

We play Derby in a few hours and it’s on tv for extra embarrassment. Derby will win. Probably easily.

The absolute state of this paragraph.

I am also aware of last week’s meeting with supporters, and I have been assured that an honest and open conversation was had. I encourage further dialogue between the Club and our supporters. Please understand, this is not how we are accustomed to operating but now is the time for that to change. We must ensure that you are regularly updated, even if the task is not yet complete.

Just because you don’t have to speak to anyone in China due to your culture, it doesn’t work that fucking way here. If you don’t like it, sell the club and fuck off.

Last edited:

DKehoe

The cunt has fucked it.

I swear that 11 shirt is cursed or some shit.

What a fucking dismal day to be a Utd fan.
Hoping the club handle it properly. But football clubs have a nasty habit of overlooking players doing horrible shit if they happen to be talented. Also it sounds like the police could be getting involved:

Hoping the club handle it properly. But football clubs have a nasty habit of overlooking players doing horrible shit if they happen to be talented. Also it sounds like the police could be getting involved:

The audio alone is proof enough for me that he's a piece of shit.

Whatever troubles he has are only going to be magnified tenfold now. It does make me worry how much the club might have known about trouble at home/abuse allegations given Ole's previous statements about Mason needing to focus on his football.

Horrendous stuff. A career well and truly wasted and the trauma inflicted on that poor girl, I can only imagine.

T8SC

How about wait until the truth is uncovered before calling someone a rapist? Innocent until proven guilty.

If he's guilty, throw away the key, he'd (and anyone else) would deserve it because there's no place in the world for that kinda shit. But we don't know the facts yet, we've heard a snippet of a 13 minute audio clip in which he doesnt say he's having sex and complains about her leg, which for all we know she could've been on his side of the bed pestering him for 13+ minutes and he's told her to fuck off. Social media has a nasty habit of orchestrating things to suit a narrative. Some people bruise easier than others, I've often flung my arms in my sleep and whacked various girls in the bed bruising them, doesn't mean im a rapist or wife beater.

So before we call people a rapist, lets wait until the police investigations are complete & we find out the truth.

How about wait until the truth is uncovered before calling someone a rapist? Innocent until proven guilty.

If he's guilty, throw away the key, he'd (and anyone else) would deserve it because there's no place in the world for that kinda shit. But we don't know the facts yet, we've heard a snippet of a 13 minute audio clip in which he doesnt say he's having sex and complains about her leg, which for all we know she could've been on his side of the bed pestering him for 13+ minutes and he's told her to fuck off. Social media has a nasty habit of orchestrating things to suit a narrative. Some people bruise easier than others, I've often flung my arms in my sleep and whacked various girls in the bed bruising them, doesn't mean im a rapist or wife beater.

So before we call people a rapist, lets wait until the police investigations are complete & we find out the truth.
Whilst I am all for innocent until proven guilty. The very fact that she has audio recordings of him pressuring her and forcibly coercing her into having sex with him means this is something that likely happens very often.

I'll await a full investigation but it's not something that has only happened once, for sure.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Not gona lie i never like greenwood

Hes very selfish and always look jealous toward ronaldo

Told you this guy have mental issue

Dark Rider

Words are great.

We play Derby in a few hours and it’s on tv for extra embarrassment. Derby will win. Probably easily.

The absolute state of this paragraph.

I am also aware of last week’s meeting with supporters, and I have been assured that an honest and open conversation was had. I encourage further dialogue between the Club and our supporters. Please understand, this is not how we are accustomed to operating but now is the time for that to change. We must ensure that you are regularly updated, even if the task is not yet complete.

Just because you don’t have to speak to anyone in China due to your culture, it doesn’t work that fucking way here. If you don’t like it, sell the club and fuck off.

The grounds sale situation is very concerning for the club at the moment, whatever the owner says about it the new owners of the grounds will have all the power to do whatever they want.

Good to see the police acting quickly on this.

I hope the police do a thorough investigation then present all the facts on the table omitting nothing.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

There was six minutes of time added on in the Derby game because of Birmingham time wasting. The equaliser went in in the sixth minute.

I don’t get why their game plan is to waste time. The ref will always add it on. With that and the first half there ended up being 11 extra minutes played. Birmingham were on top for most of the game and that just wasn’t necessary. The goalkeeper was booked for time wasting.

Nitty_Grimes

But it’s too easy to hide behind an unverified Twitter account shouting rapist and adding as many hashtags as you can though.

Nitty_Grimes

I’m not saying he isn’t guilty I’m just saying there’s a process and the law to follow rather than taking to Twitter and shouting rapist as loud as I can.

Last edited:
Juventus wins the Winter Transfer window.

Probably our only trophy for this year but next year we won't drop so many points early in Serie A and definitely challenge for the Scudetto.

Top Bottom