• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

DKehoe

Wonder what this will mean for Gazprom sponsoring the champions league. They’ve always been such an odd sponsor for the competition.

Dark Rider

[Tom Bogert] City Football Group CEO Ferran Soriano: “For us, City Football Group, the US is the bigger market than UK. There are more Americans watching soccer than in the UK."

Dark Rider

UEFA Europa League Round of 16 Draw Results

sq9s0qlvryj81.png

Dark Rider

UEFA Europa Conference League R16 draw results

Marseille x Basel

PSV x Copenhagen

Leicester x Rennes

Slavia Praha x LASK

PAOK x Gent

Bodø/Glimt x AZ Alkmaar

Vitesse x Roma

Partizan x Feyenoord

DKehoe

I love the saltiness in this video

With how much of a meme the Arsenal Fan TV guys have become you'd think people would be reluctant to put themselves out there to look like twats like that. But maybe some people want that kind of recognition.

Dark Rider

[Romano]: André Onana: “It’s my right to not sign a new contract. I did a great job for this club for so many years, and I think my time is over at Ajax. Everyone has responsibility if I don’t sign”. #Ajax Onana will join Inter as free agent starting from July - deal already signed.

Dark Rider

[Romano] Manchester United director John Murtough: “We’re now conducting a thorough process for the appointment of a new permanent manager who will take charge this summer”.“He will have the objective to get us back to challenging for those domestic and European titles”.

Dark Rider

[Matt Hughes] Chelsea have appointed US bank the Raine Group to handle sale of the club

EDIT:

Statement from Roman Abramovich | Official Site | Chelsea Football Club

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[The Athletic] Balotelli: "I am 100 per cent sure that my quality is the same level as Messi and Ronaldo, but I missed some chances. Nowadays, I can not say I'm as good, but if we're talking about only football quality, I have nothing to be jealous of, to be honest."

Dark Rider

UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin has said that a biennial World Cup is “off the table” and that FIFA has realised the proposal is a “no go” for the sport.

Dark Rider

[Simon Stone] Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli on European Super League: "This is a collective work of 12 teams, not one person. 12 clubs signed a 120-page contract. It still binds 11 of those clubs."

DKehoe

As city fan Roy Keane was spot on no passion
Unfortunately (or maybe it is fortunate considering how things turned out) I wasn’t able to watch the whole game because I had to leave part way through to go out for someone’s birthday. So I saw up to around De Bruyne’s second goal. And although United were losing at that point (which isn’t surprising really) I thought they looked better than I expected and were being proactive in their approach which was good to see. But there definitely seems to be a pattern with United that they look decent early on and then collapse as the game progresses. It’s happened a bunch of times now. I wonder if it’s a fitness issue due to the shift in style under Rangnick, like it took Liverpool a while to adapt to Klopp’s style, but could also be a mentality thing with them not trusting it and falling apart.

FNLY1KKXIAI1CGB

Last edited:

DKehoe

Also, Prison Mike Prison Mike I noticed Sancho getting booed during the game. Among City fans are there hard feelings towards him over him leaving City or just now that he plays for United?

Dark Rider

Andres Iniesta: Captain Tsubasa (titled "Olivier and Benji" in Spain) was my favorite anime. I couldn't believe that I could come to the country where that anime was created. I am so grateful to have met Yoichi Takahashi, the author of the anime.

Dark Rider

Palmeiras coach Abel Ferreira on defending with 3 at the back: "It's like having sex. Sometimes it's in the kitchen, other times in the bedroom, other times in the bathroom. But it always has the same end goal. It's the same when constructing our back 3"

Top Bottom