• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

Labadal

A Leicester fan attacked Nottingham players when they celebrated one of their goals.

Currently watching the African Nations Cup.

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Xavi: “I would like to ask the fans to please stop whistling at Dembélé. He is one more in the group - they did it today, now please stop”. 🔴🇫🇷 #FCB “We need to support our team, our players”.

mekes

Another middling performance from United tonight.

I personally really like what I've seen from Rangnick so far. I love his honesty and insights that he shares. But I'm starting to feel like his appointment on an interim basis was just more mismanagement from the board.

There are 1000 problems at United from player power, divisions amongst the players, mismanagement of the players. I could go on, I just think the club is riddled with problems that all stem from idiots being in the main positions of power. I mean those above the manager.

I say that to say this. Ole played a very rigid system for 3 years where we seemed to rely on perfect counter attacks to score goals. If not that, then just short moments of class. Why have we brought in a manager whose ideal way of playing was light years away from what the players are used to? Surely having somebody come in to salvage the season and pick up as many points as possible should have been the aim?

It seems to be one hell of a teething process trying to get these players playing in a way the manager is happy with. I'd actually have been a lot more happy if we would have signed Rangnick on a 3 and a half year deal from the very start. The players gave him 60 minutes for his new manager 'bump' and have been below average since.

Just venting. Woodward has gone but I think the new guy is just a new Woodward in disguise and I don't expect any significant changes. The next manager is pointless unless significant changes happen above him. The new manager needs to be able to manage but that isn't going to happen.

It's so infuriating knowing that Rangnick could probably build us a better squad from scratch for the price we paid for Harry Maguire and Fred..

Anyways. Vent over!!

Dark Rider

I personally really like what I've seen from Rangnick so far. I love his honesty and insights that he shares. But I'm starting to feel like his appointment on an interim basis was just more mismanagement from the board.

There are 1000 problems at United from player power, divisions amongst the players, mismanagement of the players. I could go on, I just think the club is riddled with problems that all stem from idiots being in the main positions of power. I mean those above the manager.

I say that to say this. Ole played a very rigid system for 3 years where we seemed to rely on perfect counter attacks to score goals. If not that, then just short moments of class. Why have we brought in a manager whose ideal way of playing was light years away from what the players are used to? Surely having somebody come in to salvage the season and pick up as many points as possible should have been the aim?

It seems to be one hell of a teething process trying to get these players playing in a way the manager is happy with. I'd actually have been a lot more happy if we would have signed Rangnick on a 3 and a half year deal from the very start. The players gave him 60 minutes for his new manager 'bump' and have been below average since.

Just venting. Woodward has gone but I think the new guy is just a new Woodward in disguise and I don't expect any significant changes. The next manager is pointless unless significant changes happen above him. The new manager needs to be able to manage but that isn't going to happen.

It's so infuriating knowing that Rangnick could probably build us a better squad from scratch for the price we paid for Harry Maguire and Fred..

Anyways. Vent over!!

To make it short, unless the owners want to throw their buddies out of positions of power within the club nothing will change.

Dark Rider

[Romano] Mikel Arteta on Arsenal not making any signing in January: “We only want the best players and the best people in this club” “When we are in a rush and the reasons are not the right one for getting a player into the club, we decide not to do it”.

DKehoe

Anyways. Vent over!!

Dark Rider

[Dirk Krampe | Ruhr Nachrichten] Real Madrid have told Erling Haaland that they will not be able to sign him this summer. They want him to stay another season at Dortmund and join the club in 2023 instead.

:pie_thinking:

DKehoe

Nothing but a glorified friendly anyway.
The Club World Cup is weird in that theoretically it should be the biggest trophy in club football. But I've just never been bothered about it, even when United were taking part. I didn't even realise the final was yesterday until it was starting. It's good to look beyond European football, but the gulf between European teams and other continents is just too big for me to care about that competition I guess.

[Dirk Krampe | Ruhr Nachrichten] Real Madrid have told Erling Haaland that they will not be able to sign him this summer. They want him to stay another season at Dortmund and join the club in 2023 instead.

:pie_thinking:
Yeah, right. As if Dortmund will let him leave for free next year.

Dark Rider

UEFA will offer 10,000 free tickets to fans of clubs that reach this season’s Champions League final. Aleksander Ceferin, president of UEFA, has said the move is “to reward them for their support for European football during the COVID crisis”.

Dark Rider

Yup as I expected, we are not as good as we should be and our players are not performing at the top of their level. I really hope we can overturn this result in the second leg :messenger_pensive:

Premier League ‘big six’ rebel against owners’ charter because it would commit them to only qualifying for the Champions League via “current sporting merit”

Bunch of corrupt pricks those owners are.

Dark Rider

Bunch of corrupt pricks those owners are.

Make no mistake about it they are currently just working to stem any unfavourable laws against their power and to butter up both the government and media key players before going back to the super league or some sort of a version of it. If the public let this chance slip to actually put laws about it the super league equivalent is a certainty.

Dark Rider

Kieran Trippier: Newcastle unsure whether injured defender will return before end of season

Still think they will stay up.

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Official. Atalanta owner Antonio Percassi has reached an agreement to sell 55% of the club to investors group managed by Stephen Pagliuca, Boston Celtics co-owner. 🇮🇹🇺🇸 Stephen Pagliuca will be the new co-chairman of the club - Percassi will remain as president.

DKehoe

IMG_7377.jpg

Dark Rider

[Giovanni Capuano] While he got sent off, Mourinho said to the referee, Pairetto: "They sent you here on purpose..., Juve sent you". The federal inspectors transcribed the whole ecxhange. Mourinho is going towards a 2 or 3 matches suspension. (#LaStampa)

Dark Rider

Maya Yoshida: "Gabbiadini is our Goku: he comes back stronger after every injury. Meanwhile Thorsby is Pikachu because he cares about environment and therefore he likes electricity"

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Dan Kilpatrick] on Twitter: On the importance of Kane & Lloris, Conte says: "There’s a sporting direction in Italy that’s my friend. His name is Corvino. He says you can make mistake about your wife but not about the striker or the goalkeeper. For me this is the best quote to understand football."

Dark Rider

Quotes[Laurie Whitewell] Bruno Fernandes on Harry Maguire scoring the goal vs Leeds United: "I was slapping his head, saying: 'Finally you score with that big head.' "

Dark Rider

[Sky Sports] Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone says Manchester United are one of the best teams in the world right now and it's difficult to find weaknesses in Ralf Rangnick's side.

Top Bottom