• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Man United
Villareal
Atalanta
Young Boys

If we still dont qualify group stage this year you know whos the problem
tenor.gif

Dark Rider

City and PSG drawn together in the Champions League? That's gonna be interesting. Especially if City do get Ronaldo.

United getting a chance to make up for that Villarreal loss by being drawn with them. Atalanta are a fun team too so that should be good.

I would rather they meet in the knock out stages of the competition to be honest.
As for Manchester United and Villarreal, well Emery would want to drop down to the europa league so he might hand you the fixture :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Man United
Villareal
Atalanta
Young Boys

If we still dont qualify group stage this year you know whos the problem
tenor.gif

He should get some of the blame if that happen but I'd blame the players more than him personally :pie_thinking:

And welcome to The Football Thread :messenger_beaming:
I assume you are a Manchester United fan :pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

Fede Valverde: "I will give everything for the team, for Real Madrid and for every person who is fighting throughout the week to get a ticket to the stadium until I can't anymore."

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri: “Cristiano Ronaldo told me yesterday that he wants to LEAVE Juventus immediatly. It’s true and confirmed. This is why he wasn’t training today and he’s not available for tomorrow match vs Empoli”

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Cristiano Ronaldo told to Jorge Mendes he’s “open to join Manchester United” for incredible comeback. Contract to be sent in the next hours - Man Utd discussing with Cristiano and Mendes deal until June 2023. #MUFC

[Fabrizio Romano] Manchester City are completely out of the negotiations for Cristiano Ronaldo. They also communicated the same to Juventus and Jorge Mendes. #MCFC #Ronaldo. There was no agreement on personal terms details and fee for Juventus. Big issues since yesterday.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Incredible player, worth the money, 30 goals a season, legend, mount olympus resident, what more could United fans want.

DKehoe

(This is actually a pretty ridiculous move and that money could be better spent elsewhere. But maybe I'll be proven wrong.)

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Well fuck me sideways, THE signing of the summer right there and not a manc fan in the slightest.

DKehoe

Well fuck me sideways, THE signing of the summer right there and not a manc fan in the slightest.
Like I said above, I think that while Ronaldo is obviously a top level player it's maybe not the move United really needed as other areas needed to be strengthened. But seems like the club really didn't want him playing for City. And I guess there's the argument that when a player like him becomes available you go for it regardless of any other factors.

DKehoe

Just to think all it took was uniteds major rivals saying we don't want him for him to realise where his home is.......
Or it took his football Dad giving him a ring to say "come on, son. Don't take the piss."

MEN saying that United's approach caused him to reject City

City's reporter for The Athletic said City were very much still in for him until it became clear he wanted to go to United instead.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Just to think all it took was uniteds major rivals saying we don't want him for him to realise where his home is.......

Tell me you don’t believe this please, don’t be so naive. When Guardiola is saying it’s Ronaldo’s choice which club he goes to, you know what’s up.

City trying to save face through their minions in the media who all of a sudden did a U turn is just bull for the birds.

They got denied mate. Be part of the make believe if you want of course.

Last edited:

Prison Mike

Banned
E9zetcyXEAoCBP4.png

Forget Ronaldo and Messi. Hopes and prayers could be the signing of the transfer window.
Good line up lad and honestly the fact he offered himself to us the chose you shows where his loyalty lies to the point if ud of not come in for him would he of signed for us in all honesty 36 or not still great signing just hope we ram trophies down his throat come what may x

Prison Mike

Banned
Tell me you don’t believe this please, don’t be so naive. When Guardiola is saying it’s Ronaldo’s choice which club he goes to, you know what’s up.

City trying to save face through their minions in the media who all of a sudden did a U turn is just bull for the birds.

They got denied mate. Be part of the make believe if you want of course.
See below obvs if utd came in he'd chose them no doubt history is alot am I bitter not at all like I said least he has balls to try it in real league unlike messi .

Thirty7ven

Banned
Messi turned out a disappointment, French league really? The sixth league in the rankings? Behind… the Portuguese league???????

Good line up lad and honestly the fact he offered himself to us the chose you shows where his loyalty lies to the point if ud of not come in for him would he of signed for us in all honesty 36 or not still great signing just hope we ram trophies down his throat come what may x
Wait, hold the phone. Are you a Man City fan? Never thought I would meet one in real life...

DKehoe

We'll see how it works in practice. Either way it should make for an interesting season.

City, Liverpool and Chelsea are all looking really strong so I don't think anyone is guaranteed anything. Great time to have fans back in the stands.

mekes

The most interesting thing to me is seeing how Ronaldo adapts to this new United team. It's not a team packed full of serial achievers like it was when he originally signed up. When Dan James fucks up the 12th cross in a game or Fred keeps feeding the opposition, how is he going to react to that?

Amazing player and I'm very happy (in a football romance sense) that he is back. But hes always had sky high ambitions and for as good as he is, pissed off and self serving Ronaldo can be a lot to contend with. I hope it's a happy story in the end.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
That is certainly a statement from Man Utd. I'm not a Utd fan, but I'm buzzing to see Ronaldo back in the PL.

Title race is going to be interesting.

Last edited:

Jose92

[Membe
It’s mad they they are included in “the big 6” over a team like Leicester.
I agree, what it is even crazier they wanted to be in the super league. Imagine playing super teams across europe week in week out. they got battered by brentford ffs.

Dark Rider

I call bollocks but either way good to see him back in prem and not bottle it like messi.

Messi could be in Manchester City now but your board chose to chase after Kane and beg Levy instead to be honest.

Incredible player, worth the money, 30 goals a season, legend, mount olympus resident, what more could United fans want.
Wait, hold the phone. Are you a Man City fan? Never thought I would meet one in real life...
:pie_roffles: :pie_roffles: :pie_roffles: :pie_roffles: :pie_roffles:

Welcome to The Football Thread :messenger_beaming:
Who do you support? :pie_thinking:

It’s mad they they are included in “the big 6” over a team like Leicester.

"The big whatever" is all about how many followers a club has, how much media presence and how much revenue they make annually nothing more.

Arsenal really have the feel of a sinking ship. You can sense very little drive in that team aside from the bare minimum to get a paycheck.

Man Utd after Ferguson left never looked like they’d be down forever, with their money they were always going to build a good team eventually.

Arsenal are in danger of becoming an Everton or a West Ham.

Dark Rider

Arsenal really have the feel of a sinking ship. You can sense very little drive in that team aside from the bare minimum to get a paycheck.

Man Utd after Ferguson left never looked like they’d be down forever, with their money they were always going to build a good team eventually.

I remember saying that Arsenal made a a big mistake when they sacked Arsène and it has been proven year after year ever since.
The problem was all Arsenal not Arsène in fact Arsène was the only reason they were holding whatever dignity they had left on the pitch. In theory they can rebuild of course but the reality is that they are neither owned by fans who would do what's best for the club nor owned by an owner who intend to do whats right for the club.

DKehoe

It feels like Arsenal's owners aren't that ambitious with what they want from the club. There was a point where they seemed content to just have Arsenal regularly secure Champions League football and the money that brought rather than actually push for the title. But now the level that's required for that has risen so much that they aren't even going for that. Feels like Kroenke has made the calculation that the investment isn't worth it and so now the club is stagnating.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Shouldn’t have sacked Unai Emery so quickly and I don’t believe Arteta is ready for the step up just yet for a club like Arsenal.

It’ll be time for the manager merry-go-round soon enough.

Top Bottom