• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump tweeted out a video of him "beating up" CNN

CNN will just look even more out of touch by responding in a serious tone towards a gif tweeted in jest.

Totally in jest, it's not a pattern of behaviour with a dark undertone to it. Nothing at all.

Meanwhile all these shit eating memesters who amount to nothing in the real world cheer him on with dank reactions and more pepe shit feeding what is an actually dangerous situation.

But whatever :)

Encouraging violence by this gif feels like a stretch... Come on.
Nobody is going to body slam a corporation.

CNN will just look even more out of touch by responding in a serious tone towards a gif tweeted in jest.

Sure it's wild the POTUS account posted a funny gif in the first place. Maybe focus on how that portrays us internationally would have stronger legs.

A Republican literally did that to a Journalist last month and got rewarded for it.

Bossking

Banned

Sure it's wild the POTUS account posted a funny gif in the first place. Maybe focus on how that portrays us internationally would have stronger legs.

Just over a month ago we had a Republican House member bodyslam a reporter.

Just put him in the room with a Bald Eagle and see what happens.

img2thejournal.gif

It sure is juvenile behavior far below the dignity of the office though. That part lands for me. Though of course they'll ignore it and point to the other part.

But again, don't lose sleep over that. They'd just pivot to something else entirely even if CNN's response was inarguably and completely on point.

kiguel182

When I think he couldn't get much lower he does.

This dude is president of a first world country! A big one at that.

I honestly can't believe it. I can't.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
If only we had a voice like Jon Stewa...

lYSO5HL.gif

Yeah, because Jon Stewart is currently the President...or is attacking news agencies...or is a massive pile of shit.

Look, I think wrestling is as ridiculous and dumb as the next average American, but I can't fault people for finding entertainment in it.

Anyone else getting anxiety over what this man says on a day to day basis? It's as if he's trying to outdo his own outrageous-ness over some morbid obsession about ratings. I now expect him to do something tomorrow to top what he did today.

The President, folks.....

I swear, I have more gray hairs since he took office.

Yes, CNN is out of touch, not the 71-year-old President Of The United States using the official POTUS Twitter account to retweet WWE gifs.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
the folks caping for this shit aren't patriots.... they're modern day patriots

Sanjuro

Yeah, because Jon Stewart is currently the President...or is attacking news agencies...or is a massive pile of shit.

Look, I think wrestling is as ridiculous and dumb as the next average American, but I can't fault people for finding entertainment in it.

That wasn't the point I was trying to get across. More like, "We wrestling now."

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I actually think this is more of him having no real teeth or serious sway in Washington and him realizing it. Maybe not out right acknowledging it but he's clawing for any kind of positive attention possible from any sources and if that is stupid meme's for his hardcore zealots then he'll do it. Its like the dude has a constant itch that needs to be scratched and that is getting positive attention, even its hollow false platitudes. He don't care, just make him feel good.

The CNN wrestling gif tweet is just a perfect example of this as he finds little success through legitimate avenues or through other sources like the media, popular entertainment and so on. He's basically being boxed into a corner and pissing off everyone, even the people he thinks should be fawning all over him but he's wasted a lot of political capital and is being shown to be toothless. What better for a toothless egomaniac than to post something that makes him look tough from his "glory" days and combine that with his usual rhetoric for his base to jerk off to.

jelly

Oh, he is meeting Putin for the first time. Body language will be interesting.

Like the CNN statement, clear and simple.

Yes I agree with you that it is obviously a bit crazy that it is a president who is posting that video, but he is having fun with it at this point

Yeah y'know he may be conducting a sustained propaganda war to undermine faith in the free press, a crucial safeguard of our democracy, but at least he's having fun with it.

The funny thing about it is that he hasn't done anything to impact the one thing they care about: their ratings.

Sorry, I find this humorous and he's obviously laughing about it also but watch everyone go apeshit over this

He's done nothing to demonstrate that he's capable of having a sense of humor while being under pressure. He really thinks he's hurting CNN.

Phu

Banned
Holy shit that's nuts! How does a candidate body slam a reporter and then still get elected?

Still don't think the POTUS meant this in a dark manner. But with a recent event like that in the news this comes across as insensitive to the max.

You're not paying attention then.

kiguel182

How can people say this is funny? Wtf is wrong with you?

This is honestly unacceptable or it should be for any reasonable person.

Edit: a president making a joke about attacking the media and some people laugh with it. This is fucked up.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Holy shit that's nuts! How does a candidate body slam a reporter and then still get elected?

Still don't think the POTUS meant this in a dark manner. But with a recent event like that in the news this comes across as insensitive to the max.

He is also literally on video during the campaign asking his supporters to physically assault people.

Top Bottom