• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump tweeted out a video of him "beating up" CNN

How does a candidate body slam a reporter and then still get elected?

The same way a candidate was caught on tape admitting to being a rapist and then still got your vote.

Which is to say, there are a lot of people without morals out there. You guys are in good company with the president.

kess

C'mon guys. No matter what your politics, that's hilarious.

lon-chaney.jpg

Yeah, because Jon Stewart is currently the President...or is attacking news agencies...or is a massive pile of shit.

Look, I think wrestling is as ridiculous and dumb as the next average American, but I can't fault people for finding entertainment in it.

Hold your tongue.

Yes, wrestling has an embarrassing history
because it has Donald Trump as part of it.

But don't attack something a lot of us love just because Trump tweeted a GIF from it :(

Mahonay

Banned
I wonder what Vince thinks about this.
He's fucking loving it. Puts WWE in people's mind. Also his wife Linda is in Trump's administration, she's in charge of small businesses. You know, her experience with a small billion dollar family wrestling business...that forcefully crushed all of it's competition.

Still don't think the POTUS meant this in a dark manner. But with a recent event like that in the news this comes across as insensitive to the max.

This would be plausible if you had been living under a rock for the last 18 months. But under the current context, this couldn't be more wrong.

This is such a right-wing/trump thing with all of their whining and complaining. But the recent context does make this particularly pathetic.

jelly

He's met Putin before, or at least spoken on the phone with him before he was president.

Face to face though, it will be telling. Will he look submissive, scared, bro-mance, respectful...yeah not that one, friendly. He is the US President, if he isn't anything but strong, dignified I would worry that he really is compromised. Too friendly, coward, submissive would be alarm bells.

Machina

Banned
CNN got triggered.

Maybe they should stop covering 90% of their time with a panel on a single Trump tweet.

But they won't. Because people are watching.

What else are they supposed to cover exactly? The press have been ostracized in the WH and his government isn't passing shit

Phu

Banned
Face to face though, it will be telling. Will he look submissive, scared, bro-mance, respectful...yeah not that one, friendly. He is the US President, if he isn't anything but strong, dignified I would worry that he really is compromised. Too friendly, coward, submissive would be alarm bells.

Pretty sure Trump is just gonna wear a collar for his meeting with Putin.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Hold your tongue.

Yes, wrestling has an embarrassing history
because it has Donald Trump as part of it.

But don't attack something a lot of us love just because Trump tweeted a GIF from it :(

Wrestling is like Power Rangers. I thought they were dumb even when I was a kid. Bad acting, plotlines, scripts, and crappy fighting.

Looking past those things as a kid is understandable. Doing it as an adult...

MikeyB

That is so goddamned pathetic. The worst part about it is that the dialogue is so partisan. You guys have an objectove problem with an immature and uninformed President who is likely compromised by an enemy state and you are still arguing along party lines. It seems that you are at the point of dehumanizing the other side now.

It is so fucked and I don't see a pleasant way out.

How has he "beaten up" CNN lately? It's not like he got anyone fired or anything.

Seems like he's doing this for his supporters on 4chan.

That is so goddamned pathetic. The worst part about it is that the dialogue is so partisan. You guys have an objectove problem with an immature and uninformed President who is likely compromised by an enemy state and you are still arguing along party lines. It seems that you are at the point of dehumanizing the other side now.

It is so fucked and I don't see a pleasant way out.

At the very least Fox News absolutely dehumanizes.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I mean, he's still able to post so why shouldn't people reply? He seems to mean what he says.

Problem is he leaves the thread when presented with facts.

I didn't leave the thread. I actually changed my mind in this scenario.
Started off laughing at the shitposting of our POTUS. After hearing about that recent bodyslam of a reporter I'm left feeling like this was an insensitive retweet that will do him more harm than good.

Bakercat

Someone should do a CNN version of Trump taking a stunner.

SoupyEnormousBluet-size_restricted.gif

Goddammit, I came here to post the exact gif and favor lol. Please someone do it.

Off topic, I'm surprised this gif isn't used more on gaf when trump takes a L sometimes.

Encouraging violence by this gif feels like a stretch... Come on.
Nobody is going to body slam a corporation.

CNN will just look even more out of touch by responding in a serious tone towards a gif tweeted in jest.

Sure it's wild the POTUS account posted a funny gif in the first place. Maybe focus on how that portrays us internationally would have stronger legs.

Grow up.

Joeku

Goddammit, I came here to post the exact gif and favor lol. Please someone do it.

Off topic, I'm surprised this gif isn't used more on gaf when trump takes a L sometimes.

Ironically, considering what he sold a bunch of the country, Trump cannot sell for shit.

TTOOLL

Encourage violence

hahahahhaah

Inappropriate because of his position is one thing, saying this encourages any kind of violence...just lol. It's like saying some people kill because violence in videogames.

I didn't leave the thread. I actually changed my mind in this scenario.
Started off laughing at the shitposting of our POTUS. After hearing about that recent bodyslam of a reporter I'm left feeling like this was an insensitive retweet that will do him more harm than good.

200w.gif

Top Bottom